Question about Flu Flu arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Flu Flu arrows

Do flu flus need to be stiff spined arrows? I ask because stiff flu flus are all that I have seen. Can I just fletch up some full length feathers on the 2016 shafts that I use everyday for target practice and be OK?

Thanks,

Eric

They will work great... But full length??? I make mine 4 fletch -- 4" full height.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
      ... But full length???
      LOL...I meant full height.

Comment

Try using one full length feather, spiral fletched. That way you'll only use one feather instead of the 2 required to make a four fletch flu-flu. A spiral flu-flu will slow your arrow down faster than a 4 fletch, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
          Try using one full length feather, spiral fletched. That way you'll only use one feather instead of the 2 required to make a four fletch flu-flu. A spiral flu-flu will slow your arrow down faster than a 4 fletch, IMO.
          X2

Comment

I'm with gatorgar and thebowhunters. Go to the How-to Resources on tradgang. They have a tutorial complete with pictures showing how to make the spiral flu flu. I made a couple this winter when I had cabin fever. IMO these are much better than the 4 fletch.

Comment

Working...
            X