Big Oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Oak

I booked there today for October!! I'm stoked. Everybody I've talked to says it's a great place for trad hunting. Can't wait. For you guys that have been what should I expect? Any advice?

Go and have fun! You should expect great people, great food, great lodge, great stands, and great animals! You can sit and listen to stories from Buff for hours and fling sharp sticks on the 3D range all day long. If I was closer, I would be there a lot more often than I am already. I have 3 threads on here with all of the info and pictures that you will need!

Comment

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things. I can't wait to go!! It's only a couple hours from me so not too bad of a drive.

Comment

You are going to have a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          You are going to have a blast!
          I know!! Can't wait. This is a big step for me. After messaging back and forth with Buff, I'm pretty sure the only bow making the trip will be my longbow. I'm shooting great some days, average on others with the occasional bad day that I guess we all have. I've pretty much quit shooting past 15 because I'm not going to shoot at an animal any further than that this year. I'm just staying close and trying to concentrate on everything being perfect at 15 and under. As soon as deer season is over I'm going to focus on 20 and 25 and hopefully by next year I can stretch it out a little.

Comment

You can't go wrong hunting with Marty at Gig Oak!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              You can't go wrong hunting with Marty at Gig Oak!

Bisch
              I didn't know you were an Aggie

Gig 'em

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                I know!! Can't wait. This is a big step for me. After messaging back and forth with Buff, I'm pretty sure the only bow making the trip will be my longbow. I'm shooting great some days, average on others with the occasional bad day that I guess we all have. I've pretty much quit shooting past 15 because I'm not going to shoot at an animal any further than that this year. I'm just staying close and trying to concentrate on everything being perfect at 15 and under. As soon as deer season is over I'm going to focus on 20 and 25 and hopefully by next year I can stretch it out a little.
                I was limiting myself to 15 as well. I had countless shot opps at 10 and under up there.

I am just now starting to practice at 20-25... but that is with Elk in mind.

Comment

Not a better place around set up with the trad hunter in mind! You will be in good hands with Buff!

Comment

awesome place, I would say its heaven for a trad. hunter, all the shot opportunities I had were under 15 yards...im for sure going back in the future

Comment

Super jealous. Have a great time and please be sure to take lots of pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        I was limiting myself to 15 as well. I had countless shot opps at 10 and under up there.

I am just now starting to practice at 20-25... but that is with Elk in mind.
                        Cool!! When is your elk hunt? I could probably hit an elk at 20 lol, but deer size critters need to be a bit closer.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          Cool!! When is your elk hunt? I could probably hit an elk at 20 lol, but deer size critters need to be a bit closer.
                          When indeed? Maybe next year.

Deer are ninjas... under 15 for me on those too.

Comment

Hope it all works out for you. Elk and black bear are on my list, just a matter of saving up the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                              Super jealous. Have a great time and please be sure to take lots of pictures!

Thank!! I'll try to do a live hunt if I have cell service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X