looking for a recurve for sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a recurve for sell

Well after 2 years of playing around with a recurve me and the wife sold the Mathews so we couldn't keep grabbing it because its easier. So I need to buy another recurve so we both have one. looking for a 40-45lb at 28 inches for around $400 I am located in the Houston area would like to pick one up this weekend. Thanks

If you don't have to have it by the weekend and could wait until the first part of next week, check out an online shop called Traditional Archery Sales. The owner's name is Len Busbee and they're in Florida. He has a lot of nice used bows for sale of all different kinds. I bought one from him a couple weeks ago and was impressed. Placed the order by phone and 3 days later I was shooting it. He has a good selection.

Comment

I have a bear grizzly for sale .

Comment

I have a 45# Martin Sabre

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
          Well after 2 years of playing around with a recurve me and the wife sold the Mathews so we couldn't keep grabbing it because its easier. So I need to buy another recurve so we both have one. looking for a 40-45lb at 28 inches for around $400 I am located in the Houston area would like to pick one up this weekend. Thanks
          You should try and make it out to the TBOT shoot at Banana Bend on Saturday. Don't worry about how good or bad you are, just come on out. You and your wife can shoot and maybe try out a couple bows to see if you like the feel of it before you find a used one online.

Comment

swamprabbit how much is it to shoot?

Comment

swamprabbit how much is it to shoot?
              I am not Swamprabbit, but I can answer your question. 30 target 3D course, $10/round for TBoT members, and $15/round for nonmembers.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                You should try and make it out to the TBOT shoot at Banana Bend on Saturday. Don't worry about how good or bad you are, just come on out. You and your wife can shoot and maybe try out a couple bows to see if you like the feel of it before you find a used one online.
                good advice ^^^

Comment

I think me and my wife will come out and then go to the hunting show.

Comment

x2 on going out and shooting a number of bows before making a decision. Archers in general, traditional shooters specifically are great with helping others shoot string bows. I have never been at the local range and spoken to somebody who had a new or interesting trad bow that did not wind up with "hey, do you want to shoot it a couple times and see what you think?".

Long, short, recurve, longbow, different grip styles are all to consider.

For a first bow, unless you're both super strong, I'd recommend close to 40#. The rear shoulder muscle used for the last 6+ inches of draw I don't think is used in any other sport/ activity and it's a lot more fun when you're not fighting with the string after a dozen arrows. My 2 cents. A 40# recurve is more than enough to kill a deer or a medium pig at 20 yards or less, too.

Comment

I think me and my wife will come out and then go to the hunting show.

I will be there. I will likely be the only guy with a green black widow bow.

I will let you shoot Sacagawea before I give it to John

-Scott.

Comment

Its an outside 3d shoot?

Comment

Its an outside 3d shoot?
                          Yep, here is the info for the hosting club

Banana Bend Archery Club and Range. The only range on Houston's East side in Baytown Texas

Comment

Was able to find it after I posted that, looking fwd to it. see if I cant break the record for most lost arrows lol

Comment

If you shoot with me, you will have a better chance of finding them when we are looking for mine too.

Comment

Working...
                              X