old disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old disk

i have an old disk made for a small tractor i have already put a hitch on it so i can pull it with my fourwheeler it cuts perrty good but i need some idels for weight i had a plastic drum on it with water but the water makes it rock to much which in turn flips the disk on its side
    thanks for any idels yall can give me

I made 2 50# concrete blocks for mine. Be sure to use some heavy wire to keep it from busting up.

Comment

Weld a seat on the disc with a cooler rack and drink holder. Next find your Biggest beer drinkin buddy and invite him on the disking party
      I'm only 185lbs but I will fill in till you find a replacement

The idea above was pretty good too

Comment

Find a piece of railroad track. Only takes a short piece Hulcher services is where I go.

Comment

Find a big pine tree and cut a couple of sections to fit on the disc.

Comment

you can weld a rod or 2 that stands up and slide some steel weight down on it, if you need weight let me know , plenty of scrap iron to make 25 to 500 lbs if you need it.

Comment

pics pics pics

Comment

Buy some 80lb bags of Concrete. I use 6 bags on my 6ft disk.

Comment

cross ties work well to

Comment

thanks for yalls help

Comment

old disk

old tractor tire they work great

Comment

I acquired 6 counter balance weights used by the RR on their gate arms. They were given to me and weigh 50 lbs each. I welded 2 large bolts on my plow and just drop what I want on and use a ratchet strap to secure them. Check your local RR yard and talk to the man in charge, they send them a lot more of these than they actually need to use and they usually pile them in a pile. The weight are galvanized and will not rust.

Comment

Working...
                        X