Bow holder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow holder?

I am looking for some old threads that might have pics of peoples homeade bow holders for ground blinds. I remember seeign one made out of PVC but I cant find any threads. Any help on a visual is greatly appreciated.

I'm with you roysmoke, I'm looking for an idea for a bow holder to attach to the floor of a trip.

Comment

*tripod

Comment

Reaper your local walmart should sell a very good and cheap tripod bow holder $ 5 .00 .....Roysmoke try your local walmart garden department and look for a basket holder the one that looks like fish hook a 5 ft there pretty cheap a can be removed when you move your ground blind and go in the ground fairly easy and made out of metal.. good luck all this year

Comment

Thanks I will check it out tonight. Any ideas or pictures on a bow holder that just sits on the ground that I could move from blind to blind or use to hold my bow in the backyard when practicing? I have an elevated stand that I wanted to make a bow holder that would lay on the floor that I could move around if the girlfriend is hunting with me????

Comment

Thanks Matt2006Martin

Comment

Great ideas.

Comment

i was looking for those old threads today as well...i know there was two different ones that used pvc pipe....i guess i need to print stuff out when i see it the 1st time...lol

good luck with finding what you are looking for

Comment

Something like this? Hope the attachment works.
                  Last edited by jjake; 07-25-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

is that a bow holder off of the vertical arrow holder? what is that sticking out of the 6" Arrow holder?

Thanks for the drawing.

Comment

Yes, the ones I made use an old tire inner tube to protect the bow and keep it quiet. The angle is based on your particular bow. Tonight, if I can remember, I will take a picture of mine with my bow in place. Very easy make for DIY.

Comment

Snapped a couple of quick ones

Will this help.

Last edited by Lariat; 11-03-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Thats A Sweet Holder!! Great Job

Comment

The original info I had

BOW STAND
                            This is an outstanding bow stand that not only holds your bow, it has a place for arrows strategically leveled for your shooting comfort.
                            It’s sturdy enough to hold even the heaviest of bows, even in a windstorm. It’s virtually indestructible. Unlike other commercially available stands, this one does not require you to fill with sand or water to weigh it down. The design itself enables the stand to be totally self supporting with or without a bow and is still less than three pounds in weight. Constructed of Heavy SCH40 pvc and strengthened at stress points. Rubber sleeves protect bows finish.
                            Will not tip, rock, or fall over due to a low center of gravity and extra wide legs.

Supply list:
                            1 1/4" Sch40 PVC cut as follows:
                            2- 18"
                            1-14"
                            2- 10"
                            2-6"
                            1-4"
                            3- Heavy "90's"
                            2-Heavy "T's"
                            1- 20"X1.75" bicycle tube

Clean, Prime and cement a "90" to one end of each 18" sections. Glue the 4" to one of these. Then glue a "T" to the other end of the 4" and the 14" to the other straight end of that "T". Then carefully glue the other "90" on the 18" section to this T", carefully keeping it squared. Next, glue one of the 6" sections to the last opening on the "T". Then a "90" to this 6", remembering to point it straight upward. Next, glue a 10" to this, then the remaining "T" pointed to the side of the 14" section but straight outward. Then the last 10" on the topside of the "T". Lastly, run the remaining 6" section through a 5/8" straight cut router bit on each side (preferably on a router table) to create a "slit" 3" long in the center of the 6" section. Stretch two 3" long pieces of tube of each slit for bow limb protection, and cement to the last opening end of the "T" with the slit at a 35 degree right angle.
                            By following these guidelines, the stand will hold a bow (including parallel limb like Mathews LX, Legacy, etc) without tipping. The real secret is in the centering of the bow. If you were to place a plumb bob on the center weight of the bow (near the grip) while in the holder, it would point straight down to the center of the legs of the stand, thus keeping it perfectly centered to prevent falling. I have several of them already built, but you can build one for yourself if you wish. These tips are provided to help our fellow archers. Everyone who has used this stand loves it. No more need for locating a place to lay your bow while walking up to the target to pull out arrows. No more need to have a belt or bow quiver attached while shooting in the back yard.

I did not come up with this design. It was posted a few years ago on TBH. I just built a few and took the pics.
                            Last edited by Lariat; 08-18-2008, 12:36 PM. Reason: add disclaimer

Comment

The pics and description are perfect - The only change I made was to flip it to use as a lefty. I have one in the backyard when practicing and another for use in the popup blind. I did not add caps to the legs; too many spiders where I hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X