PDA

View Full Version : Boazman's Quatro B Ranch?

WyoHunter
12-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Has anyone hunted or know anything about this bowhunting ranch located 7 miles north of D'hanis, TX? Nice website at www.boazmanbowhunting.com .....:)

Rattler
12-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Wyo, my buddy went there and he said not near the # of animals as Bar E but MUCH better quality animals. I am looking into a hunt there if my WY antelope tag dosent get drawn!

WyoHunter
12-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Good luck on getting drawn for your WY antelope!

Rattler
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Yea I am gonna need it for Unit 97! But if drawn I supposedly have a 90% success kill with a bow!

switchbkshooter
02-20-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm down in San Antonio for business for the next 3 months and I just went to this place this past weekend. Needless to say I was very impressed. Doug, the owner, is a super nice guy. I hunted alone since I am down here by myself and he was more than helpful. Most of the hunt is very much DIY, but when it came to cleaning the animals I killed and tracking them he was a great help. He now offers a $75 per day unlimited hog package that is a great value. I probably saw 300+ pigs the 2 days I was there and killed 3. One was a 250+ lb monster with 3" teeth. He's also got some huge blackbuck and nice axis/aoudad's. Definitely worth checking out.

Texastaxi
02-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Site won't come up for me.

buck_wild
02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Website didn't say how big the ranch was ???

switchbkshooter
02-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Not sure why the website wouldn't come up. www.boazmanbowhunting.com. The ranch is 500 acres about 7 miles north of D'Hanis. It is very well secluded which to me is important. I've hunted ranches in the past (not naming any names) that were next to highways and the cars driving by were so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. The ranch was stocked with pigs, sheep and exotics a few years back and the owner didn't allow hunters on there till this year. The pigs there just blew me away. I went there just planning to shoot a few pigs but then saw a sheep that I wanted to go after. The animals are tough to hunt, but aren't super jumpy like some of the overhunted ranches. Like I said, $75 a day for unlimited hogs is an awesome price. I've seen ranches offer the same deal but with a 2 or more hog limit. I can't speak for how the ranch will be a year or so from now, but right now and for a few months to come you will definitely see a lot of hogs if you go there. If anybody decides to go they can PM me and I'll let them in on where I sat. I saw several hundred hogs the 2 days I was there.

massamino
03-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Does anyone else have any info on this ranch?

EastTexasHunter
03-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Nice place and super nice people, not a very big place but has quality animals. Now I didnt say they are easy to hunt, they have been educated well, but not impossible to kill. You will have multiple opportunities on hogs.

gr_elliott
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
EastTex

I am going out to this place in May to try and stick a pig or two. I have never taken anything with my bow, but I am very confident with my 20yrd pin. Would you say that i would have some good shot opps within that 20yrd range?

EastTexasHunter
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I dont see why you shouldn't, I was turning down shots on every hunt. This place is worth the money, you will enjoy the hunt.

gr_elliott
03-06-2007, 03:16 PM
very good....how is the camp area set up? The reason I ask is that my wife might be going out of town that weekend meaning that I have no one to take care of the dog. If I could take him and it be fairly hasle free that would be great. He is a kennel dog and would stay in a crate most of the time, but would beed out from time to time to streatch a little.

guess this is something to take up with the guy that owns the place

Exterminator
02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Any body have any idea how the turkey hunting would be on this ranch?

MA ELite
02-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Never seen a turkey. I have been there 3 times now.

leebtattoos
02-10-2008, 03:40 PM
hey switchbk... i cant email you because you dont allow that. but myself and two friends are going out to boazman next tue. and was wondering where you would recomend setting up? i would not mind seeing a a couple hundred hawgs like you did!!!

P'duck
02-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey guys I just got back from there this weekend. To say I had a great time is an understatement! Caleb is the guide and ranch manager, he will do anything for you he possibly can. When asked where I wanted to hunt I simply said put me where you want and he did. On Sat morn I watched pigs just out of range, then Axis, whitetail, Red Stag all within range yet I chose not to shoot. Sat night I shot a beautiful Corsican ram, chose one out of the 20 or so that walked in. Watched more axis, whitetails and then black buck in front of me after shooting the ram. Shortly after they all came out 20+ hogs descended upon me, I shot about a 150 pound russian boar. This morning I shot a black buck after 3 walked in on me. I walked through the 20 and 5 acre hog pins seeing 2 hogs. I chose to leave at noonish today so I could deal with 3 animals in my cooler and not add a 4th or 5th. I wish I were going back soon! I had a blast, you will also. Let Caleb put you where you need to be and he will do it. Sit still these animals are not dumb, they know they are there to be hunted but if I can take 3 animals that fast and pass up the amounts I did you will have success as well.

Enjoy and if I can help clarify any questions I am more than willing to do so.

Riverghost
02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Congrats!! Did you see very many axis and the same about Blackbuck.

P'duck
02-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I saw only one axis doe, the 3 bucks I had in front of me were all shooters and one of them was a huge buck! I had alot of black buck does around me, the first black buck had about a 9 inch horn, the 3 that came in on me were nice, one had alot of black on him with a full 3 spirals and pretty tall. I left him for others as I never got the clear shot on him. There is a very nice all black one roaming out there also. Guarantee that Caleb knows where they live and will put you on them, just be cordial and tell him to put you where you need to be in his opinion and he will do it.

There is a really nice black hawaiin that is king of the rams I saw now, he was number 2 last weekend but now he is number 1...lol (sinister laugh)...

You should have zero issues getting anything you want out there, just sit still and stay on stand. Some guys who were there when I was were out of the stand by 8 am, the animals were really moving hard at 8 am until 10:30. Sit as long as you can and wait alittle longer, it will pay off. Have Caleb pick you up late rather than early in the morning.

Jen-Man
02-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I see they have whitetail also. Wondering what class of bucks I would see and how do they respond around all the exotics?

Exterminator
02-18-2008, 11:34 AM
P'Duck,
Did you see any or hear any turkey while you were there?

BigSIX
02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Deathrow and I went the first of January and saw a group of turkeys on our tour of the ranch after that heard them but never saw them again.

leebtattoos
02-22-2008, 10:59 AM
just got back and man, that was great. animals everywhere and great quality. amazing people as well. caleb rocks. you should all go atleast once and give them your best. because there are alot of animals, dont think its a walk in the park. these animals are not pets nor are they dumb. they know almost all the tricks. take your "A" game and listen to caleb, and you will be very pleased.

JHT
02-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Seems like a great deal.

P'duck
03-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry for not responding earlier I have been transferred to Ky by good old Uncle Sam so have not been around much.

I heard turkeys while I was there just never saw any. Now mind you I did not try to call them or anything.

I can say that I am looking forward to going back before I deploy to Iraq in Sep/Oct time frame. Need to get on a good 4 legged hunt before I go across the pond.

Br'er_Henry
03-22-2008, 07:38 AM
I didn't have that good luck when I was down there but the place is sure great, Caleb and Doug are some top nice people for sure. I had my chances on axis but was decided to go for a black buck and ended up empty but the fun tank was full for sure!

gstoneberg
03-25-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm new here, but I've been to Boazman's twice this year, once in Jan and once in late Feb. The price went up to $100/day for hogs between the 2 hunts. I shot a hog each trip and a bonus ewe sheep the second trip. Caleb was excellent and, because of a poor shot on my part, his tracking dogs got me the sheep. They are great!

I did see turkeys on the January hunt but they weren't there late in February. I asked Caleb about it and he said he'd not seen them in a while.

The Quatro B is one of my favorite places to hunt. I saw very nice axis bucks, one beautiful blackbuck, several nice rams. A big herd of auodad came in both hunts but I didn't see any really nice ones. I saw lots of whitetails but no nice bucks. One of the other guys in the Jan hunt saw a 12point. I probably saw close to 100 hogs a day in Jan, much less in Feb, but the weather had been very hot and I think they were coming out late. I hunted from impromptu ground blinds to kill all 3 animals.

George

Br'er_Henry
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
gr_elliott
Go ahead and ask Doug about your dog, they have a good sized pen to hold several dogs, I dont think he wouldn't mind to make some space for yours.

Y'all should ask if the ranch's house is still available... it's a few extra bucks but totally worth it me and my family tried it last year and came back really happy.

TexasTrophyBowhunter
03-25-2008, 09:34 PM
awsome glad you had fun
Did the axis come in close?

Texastaxi
03-25-2008, 10:13 PM
... Sat night I shot a beautiful Corsican ram ... I shot about a 150 pound russian boar ... I shot a black buck ...

Which package did you buy?

ByronB
03-26-2008, 10:39 PM
How close is this ranch to the old Truelove Bowhunting Ranch?

Pelletboy
01-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm going at the end of March, hope it as good as everyone is saying.

Pelletboy
01-19-2009, 02:20 PM
How far are you shooting out of the tree stands.

BowBuck2
01-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Pelletboy, I will be there Mar 30 -April 3, coming down from Michigan.

P'duck
01-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I shot last year and this year anywhere from 8 yards to 30 yards.

Aggiebowhunter03
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
I took a customer out there before bowseason and we had a blast. The place was full of animals and I don't think I sat for more than 15 minutes without something to look at. Plenty of hogs. Caleb is a heck of a nice guy. You wont be disappointed.

Pelletboy
04-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Hey BowBuck2 how's going? I just wanted to tell you that I got a new Bow, Hoyt Superhawk. Didn't want to spend the big money like you guys. I shot Martin, BowTech PSE and Matthews and really like the Hoyt.

BowBuck2
04-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Sent you a PM

Hey BowBuck2 how's going? I just wanted to tell you that I got a new Bow, Hoyt Superhawk. Didn't want to spend the big money like you guys. I shot Martin, BowTech PSE and Matthews and really like the Hoyt.

Phdan
05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Did you guys hunt Baozmans stands or take your own?

hunter1979
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
We broght both. Boazman's does not have any of their own ground blinds. I like the option in case of weather. We set up our blinds near their elevated stands once we knew where the animals were moving.
Also, I would highly suggest that you move their existing ladder stands and hide them as best as you can.

huntingdad
05-04-2009, 08:47 PM
3 of my boys and I are headed there may 27th. We are getting excited. Getting current feedback is really feeding the fire. Bowbuck, could you email me the map you posted? I can't read it after I enlarge it.

Zen Archery
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii326/ZenArchery/DSCN6092-1-1.jpg?t=1241492922

BowBuck2
05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
That map is far better than the hand drawn one I made. It came from the picture in the bunkhouse I believe. Hunting dad I PM'd you.

WillieFlo
05-08-2009, 11:22 PM
This sounds like a great place to hunt. A buddy of mine mentioned this place a few weeks ago.....

Phdan
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
3 of my boys and I are headed there may 27th. We are getting excited. Getting current feedback is really feeding the fire. Bowbuck, could you email me the map you posted? I can't read it after I enlarge it.

Please update us on your hunt. I am going the 7-11th of June.

huntingdad
05-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Will give a full report when we return. Phdan, are you hog hunting or trying some exotics? Bowbuck, I didn't get your PM. Did you get mine? My kids are shooting the crap out of my boar target. Practicing in all sorts of lighting conditions. Those pigs better watch out!

Phdan
05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Will give a full report when we return. Phdan, are you hog hunting or trying some exotics? Bowbuck, I didn't get your PM. Did you get mine? My kids are shooting the crap out of my boar target. Practicing in all sorts of lighting conditions. Those pigs better watch out!

Hunting both. Going on the 4 day-safari package.

huntingdad
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
We just returned from our trip. It was a quick 2 days, but full of action. It had rained the day we got there and that following night. I think it helped our hunt greatly. The 1st evening sit resulted in 2 hogs shot with 1 recovered. 1 fallow buck shot and recovered. I missed an aoudad at 8:45 pm, shot just under his chest. The 2nd evening sit my son shot a nice sika, it jumped the string and hit too far back. (searched half the next morning with no luck) Later that evening, while waiting for us he had 2 shots at big pigs and missed both. The bad hit on the deer had him down. His friend who had shot the fallow, shot a hog right at dark. My youngest son got a shot at a fox after having some hogs spook before he could shoot. I had no other opportunity. We saw a variety of game, mostly does. Andy, my youngest, was just hog hunting, so of course he saw a good black buck 3 different times. Didn't see many rams, just the group of dahls that seemed to be everywhere. The only down side of the trip was having to share the ranch for our second day with 4 other hunters. We were supposed to have it exclusively for our group of 4. My son could hear a hunter from his stand coughing and talking on his phone and I didn't know I had someone 80yds staight upwind from me for my last sit. Caleb told me this had never happened before. When we return we will be sure to have at least 4 hunters so we can have an exclusive booking. I still can't figure out why I'm the only one that got attacked by the chiggers though. They will help keep the memory of this trip fresh in my mind. Next time we will do the safari package.

Phdan
06-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Did he tell you why he overbooked? I thought he only had four at a time?

huntingdad
06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Caleb never said how it happened. Just that Doug messed up somehow. If you don't have 4 or more in your group, he will put up to 8 hunters on the ranch at a time. I don't think I would go unless it was just my group.The place is just right for 4 or 5 hunters. I talked to Doug about staying an extra night so we could leave early in the morning and was given the standard $25 per person rate. When I kindly asked for a break due to our overlap problem, his only reply was that we don't do that. We left that night and drove through to AZ.

huntingdad
06-01-2009, 06:02 PM
phdan, I have not had any luck with the pm option here. If you'd like to call me before you leave, I'll e-mail you a phone #

Phdan
06-02-2009, 05:16 PM
phdan, I have not had any luck with the pm option here. If you'd like to call me before you leave, I'll e-mail you a phone #

Cool, can you get my email off the profile or do you need me to put it on here?

huntingdad
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I sent an e-mail yesterday through the forum. If you didn't get it, I'll try to send one direct.

StikSlinger
06-02-2009, 07:23 PM
The same thing happened to me and my group. Doug let another hunter come and he walked around during hunting time. He spooked my axis that I was about to shoot. I had sat in the blind for 7 hrs and was finally going to get a shot. I was ****** and all doug said was "not my fault". I had been there 3 times before and brought lots of my friends there but no more. I would never set foot on that place again. I JUST LOVE HOW HERE HAS A FEEDER IN THE FRONT YARD WHERE YOU CAN'T HUNT. ALL THE ANIMALS HANG OUT THERE SO THEY WILL NOT GET SHOT. I rate the place very poor. Good luck.

Smitty
06-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I also had a similar problem there. We had group of six booked for a friday saturday and sunday hunt back in november. After our sat. morning hunt we made it back to camp to find two new guys at camp shooting there bows with the intention of hunting sat. evening and sunday. Doug was nowhere to be found saturday for us to express our concerns about two other men hunting when we were suppose to have the ranch to ourselves. He finally showed up on sunday and said it shouldnt have been a big deal because it was his nephew and his son and they were welcome to be there when they wanted to. This was our groups second hunt on the ranch. The first hunt we had a group of five and everyone saw plenty of game and a few of us took really nice animals. I had a good time but there is just something about a man going back on his word that rubs me wrong. He shouldnt say you have the ranch for just your group if he is going to pull crap like that.

BowBuck2
06-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I was there in the beginning of April and I was not impressed. I would not go back. I know there are a few TBH'ers that love this place but I wouldn't go back either. If anyone needs specifics, PM me.

PYBUCK
06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
PM sent BowBuck2

MTelkslayer
06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
I know there are plenty that love the place so never wanted to express my dissapointment as I thought I was alone on this. Hunted Boazmans in Jan. as a last resort when KJO called and was honest enough to tell me his animal count was too low for a good hunt. I had already planned and scheduled my trip so booked last minute with QuatroB. Very dissapointed! I was told there were plenty of animals, I wasnt told that most of them had there antlers cut off! I saw Doug twice, once to take my money and the other when he drove a friend around the ranch during one of my hunts! I was led around by a young man who was more interested in making sure he stayed stoned than he was with my success and even got worse when his buddy showed up for the weekend. YES, I witnessed him smoking weed in his bunkhouse!!! I will never go back!

Thank you Keith Johns for your friendship, honesty, integrity and loyalty to your customers and not the "almighty dollar"!!!

TexasTrophyBowhunter
06-19-2009, 12:39 PM
MTelk slayer,
Sorry to hear about your bad time there. I would of called the police on those guys smoking weed!

Phdan
06-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I went last week. Would not go back. PM for specifics.

PYBUCK
06-28-2009, 08:44 AM
PM sent Phdan

Phdan
06-28-2009, 10:15 AM
PM sent Phdan

All returned.