Annual S. Texas Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual S. Texas Trip

My wife and I are starting to get things packed up for our annual trip to South Texas to hunt pigs and javvies. We've been doing this about 15 years for me and 10 for my wife, ever since Jeff Massie talked me into coming down and hunting with him. I've got the truck in for an oil change and getting the tent and other equipment ready. Broadheads are sharp and I made up some new arrows for my wife. I also put a Hawglite Marauder light on her bow.

We're a little down for the trip this year as our buddies from NC are not going to make it. We usually do the trip in Jan but are doing Feb this year. We will leave home Thursday morning and take a couple of days to drive down. We plan to go into camp on Saturday. We'll rest up on Sunday and hunt Mon - Fri.

We'll do some javvie stalking during the day and try for some pigs at night. Might even do a little bunnie thumping.

Good luck. Looks like a long drive for you...

Comment

Where you going to?

Comment

WoW thats a good little trip you got in front of you... Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
          Where you going to?
          We're hunting with Javelina Country Outfitters near Benavides.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

If you make Temple a stop give me a shout, might be able to put you up in the camper overnight and save a couple of dollars!

Comment

Good luck to you and your bride Phillip. Hope you have safe travels and a great hunt with some good friends. Will be waiting for some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                  If you make Temple a stop give me a shout, might be able to put you up in the camper overnight and save a couple of dollars!
                  Matt,

Thanks for the offer, but we'll go I-10 to Houston and then 59 South.

Comment

No problem!

Comment

I am in Victoria,right on the loop. F you need anything give me a call

Comment

Phillip, I will be there on the 16th, and hunt the 17th and 18th. I shot two javies this past weekend so I will only be after feral hogs.

Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Bisch

Comment

Good Javi hunting in that area. I was on a lease for 10 yrs close to there in Concepcion. Good Luck

Comment

Bisch, Congrats on the javies. Looking forward to seeing you on the 16th.

Comment

We're planning on pulling out tomorrow morning. It's snowing here and there's snow and ice down south of us. Hopefully conditions won't get too bad and we can make it. Looks like its pretty bad down in Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina, and there's no way we can go around it.
                              Last edited by Phillip Fields; 02-12-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X