Check engine light only 7400 miles 2013 f250 6.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine light only 7400 miles 2013 f250 6.7

as the title states already have a check engine light on. not happy. will disconnecting the batteries and reconnecting them clear this code if is a glitch?

I called Mac haik in Georgetown and the service lady wasn't very sympathetic at all in terms of possibly clearing this code. I guess with her dropping off her vehicle isn't that big of a hassle

Trad forum?

Hope you get your truck figured out!

Bisch

Comment

Not familiar with how the codes work on that truck, but sometimes they'll clear temporarily by disconnecting the battery whether it's a glitch or not.

Do you know what code it's throwing? If not, Autozone will run the codes for your free with their diagnostic tool. From there, you can usually be able to figure out by googling the code.

Good luck!

Comment

Should be under warranty........let the dealer figure it out.

Comment

most auto part stores can/will hook it up and tell you what's up

Comment

Any decent mechanic has the code reader - odds are you didn't tighten the gas cap enough when you filled it last - that tends to produce the code, but has nothing whatever to do with how well the truck runs.

Comment

Disconnecting will turn off the light but will return within 25 miles if problem still exists. Trouble code remains in memory. There are so many proprietary codes that are model specific these days alot of auto parts stores cannot update their readers fast enough

Good Luck

Comment

Dealership.

Comment

Under warrenty????....don't mess with it....dealership for sure.....

Comment

I bet you met a Dodge on the road, and the light came on to warn you of flying debris from oncoming traffic.

Rick

Comment

I quit Ford for that exact reason! Got tired of there BS.Got a Tundra and haven't looked back!

Comment

Isn't Ford still an acronym for "found on road dead?"

Comment

What's the code

Comment

Buy Chevy my 2004 has 250000 and still going strong. One set of brakes, one transmission at 200000, one speedo cluster. Can't remember how many sets of tires. One set of spark plugs. Best truck I ever owned. Good luck on your truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                              Buy Chevy my 2004 has 250000 and still going strong. One set of brakes, one transmission at 200000, one speedo cluster. Can't remember how many sets of tires. One set of spark plugs. Best truck I ever owned. Good luck on your truck.

Men don't need spark plugs

OP, hopefully it's just a faulty glow plug or something. They can throw codes of not working properly in cold weather. Or like stated earlier, an oil cap under the hood, gas cap, DEF cap, isn't tight enough. Who knows, get it read!

Comment

Working...
                              X