Does anybody own this tripod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody own this tripod?

Looks like its decent for the $$. I can redo the seat if the rest of it is solid. thanks

It looks fragile to me I would put it next to a tree and tie it to it to give more support. It has a 300ib weight limit so i would think you need to be under 200 really. climbing the steps will put that on it and climbing in to the seat could exert past 300 lbs.

Comment

I don't have that tripod, but I have had several hunting chairs from sportsmen's guide. As long as you go into it knowing that you are getting a $98 tripod, and you are not worried about possibly having to do a few things to it to make it better, you should be ok.

The chairs that I mentioned above were just too flimsy. I had to get my welder out and reinforce a few spots and then all was good.

Bisch

Comment

I have a couple of them. It's a decent stand. We set ours up on the edge of a couple of fields where we wouldn't be sitting but an hour or so in the afternoon. It works better as a rifle stand than a bow stand. I weigh about 175 and it seems to handle my weight ok. There is some wobble in the seat post. The seat should be ok for a couple of seasons but I don't care for the way the seat bottom attaches with a bungee cord. The foot platform is not comfortable for a long sit. If you're going to use the stand a lot I would prefer something a little more solid.

Comment

Nope. Man call troy and have his brother Jeremy build you one.

Comment

I have one and for the price it's a good tripod. Portable and I think it's sturdy and comfortable. Can't beat the price. My son and I put it together in about an hour.

Comment

May do that Shawn, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Kevin as Laredo archer said though it might just be worth it vs materials and labor

Comment

A guy at work just bought two of them and he said they were better than he tought they would be. Said he liked them as well or better than the others he had that has all the braces. He said it was easy to transport.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    I don't have that tripod, but I have had several hunting chairs from sportsmen's guide. As long as you go into it knowing that you are getting a $98 tripod, and you are not worried about possibly having to do a few things to it to make it better, you should be ok.
                    X2

Comment

Kevin:

I have the Big Game version of the tripod. It's basically the exact same tripod. It's easy to move around by yourself and I feel safe in it. I weigh 205-210. I don't like the ring foot rest but that makes it lighter and easier to place in the brush. If you're concerned about it being solid, go to Academey and buy a Summit. They are on sale and rock solid but more difficult to move.

My brother sold all his welding equipment but he did make me some dandy ones

Comment

For the price, you can't beat it. $100 for a portable tripod is awesome... it was on my consideration list but I did not buy it. Instead, I went with a nearly $360 version from South Texas Tripods... why?

1) I watched the video and noticed how much give and flex is in the tripod when he climbs. I'm not a big fan of heights as it is, and that would make me nervous.

2) I didn't like the multiple peice system. Not a big fan of it on my ladder stands either. They are noisy when climbing, etc. The bolts rust, blah blah blah. It also says it weights 66 lbs.

3) I liked the rigidity of the South Texas Tripods. I live nearby so I could try it. I was certain those would last a lifetime... I wasn't so sure about the bolt together type.

Millenium has a similar tripod for $300 which is obviously better made, so I knew the ST Tripods weren't really all that overpriced.

I've seen some DIY mimic the ST Tripods and I would love to do that (a little less on my pocket) except that I don't weld... so I am paying them for the fact that they can weld, and I cannot. It's the price you pay for other's skill.

Keep in mind, I do buy thier $50 ladder stands. I don't have as big a concern with those because I am tied up to a tree the entire time (use a life line.) But those still don't seem like they will last long due to rust, etc.

Comment

What I think is funny is I wonder if when I show up with my ST tripod next season... if I won't see some of these show up later in the season. I've decided to be more flexible/mobile for next year and I think a portable tripod will really help.

Comment

Gonna be hard to shoot a bow out of there with that gun rail and those arm rests would be in my way, but that's just me. My tripods are all actually quad pods. The older ones are Game Tamers and the newer Woodsy Too. I've had mine for many years and they still are as quiet as the day I bought them. Of course all my lock-ons are also Game Tamers (or Woodsy Too) and I won't buy anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
                              Gonna be hard to shoot a bow out of there with that gun rail and those arm rests would be in my way, but that's just me. My tripods are all actually quad pods. The older ones are Game Tamers and the newer Woodsy Too. I've had mine for many years and they still are as quiet as the day I bought them. Of course all my lock-ons are also Game Tamers (or Woodsy Too) and I won't buy anything else.
                              The rail and armrests are removeable

Comment

Working...
                              X