Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowheads

Hello All,

Here are some arrowhead I knapped in Nov & Dec. I am sorry for the quality of the picture, I need to work on that. These are made from good ol Texas chert.

You cannot see the flake scars well, but I will get a bigger on made that will show the flake scars better. These are made with direct percussion, indirect percussion pressure flaking and are thin. Notching is not my strong point, I break a lot of the thin ones.

Anyways, hope everyone enjoys looking at them. If you have any questions let me know.

Like trad archery, knapping is a life long learning process.

Wes
    Attached Files

You be sure and wear a mask. I have a friend that is suffering the consequinces of not wearing one through a life time of knapping.

They all look good to me.

Comment

Those look awesome

Comment

Fine looking work!

Comment

sweet collection

Comment

Great looking heads!

Comment

Looks like you got it down. Just keep at it and you will figure out the noching part.

It sure gives you a lot of sadisfation when you finish one and it looks good.

At the same time it can be frustrating to almost finish one and end up breaking it in half while trying to put in the notches. I Feel your pain!!!!

Comment

Great job. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Wow!
                    Impressive work! You have skills my friend... skills.
                    -CH

Comment

That is so cool, one day I would like to learn. Ever hunt with them?

Comment

You should change your screen name to " indian" or something. Those look good.

Comment

What a collection!!!!! Good job

Comment

Guys you all are way to nice, I do appreciate the comments. I have thick skin and can take criticism well.

Draco, excellent suggestion, I do need to think more about my lungs. The silica is nasty stuff once inside people’s lungs.

Flint Knapper: I am currently working on punch notching and support, which is helping a lot.

The General, No Sir I have not hunted with any yet, but will soon change that.

Wes

Comment

Very nice work. How long you been knapping?

Comment

Working...
                              X