new obama commercial for gun control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new obama commercial for gun control

Just saw a commercial paid for by the white house for this website. It said assault weapons (picture of an AR) were never used for hunting and sport. They are only used to kill people,etc.

I am going to send them an email about their misleading commercial at:

press@ffjfa.org

Pretty disgusting and very misleading. AR's are great hunting rifles. 99.9% of the owners of "assault rifles" have never done a **** thing wrong.

rick

There is no such thing as an "assault weapon". There are semi automatic weapons, sporting weapons, military-style weapons. It's 100% a term created to brand a range of weapons as bad, since no assault is ever good.

The 2nd Ammendment was not, and never was, about hunting. If it was there would be a right to hunt somewhere in the Constitution, wouldn't there?

Comment

Almost every weapons shown in that video was a full auto military weapon. 240Bravo, 249Saw etc. What a bunch of crap.

Comment

I sent one

Comment

contact your legislators. Only way to beat em. I already did that and sent them an email too

rick

Comment

You are absoultely right Bill, it is time for us to start framing the conversation and the terms used to describe weapons. I sure wish the voice for gun rights would take the lead and set the standard for the conversations that needs to be discussed on a national level. It is time for the idiots arguments to be slapped down with truth and facts and do it in a bold yet firm manner and stop being timid about it. That doesn't mean go off like Alex Jones did with Piers Morgan but I do mean for it to be factual and to stop cowering to their false information. Our gun right advocates that have the power of the platform need to speak the truth and do it with boldness. Those that reject it... Well there is nothing you can do but present the facts and hope that they have enough sense to understand those facts.

Comment

here is an excellent interview i saw yesterday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxDvwObwZk"]WVCDL - The State Journal's Decision Makers Interview - YouTube[/ame]

rick

Comment

Thought there was a new forum for this

Comment

Here's the letter I sent..

I can’t believe that you as a responsible organization would air such a blatant and totally misleading commercial such as this! Pretty well all of your pictures of weapons shown are full automatic! You need to come clean on this and report all facts correctly!

Many AR’s are in fact used in this country to hunt! Check your facts once again before jumping in with both feet and making yourselves appear the fools!

I support my right to obtain and own any semi-automatic weapon for whatever is my choice, regardless if it looks similar to military issue! As long as I and those who buy do so legally you should have no qualms nor input... Assault weapons are a media hyped grouping of any weapon that does not look like a traditional hunting weapon.

The 2nd Amendment was not and will never be about the right to bear arms for hunting exclusively! I am a law abiding citizen and as such, don’t need one such as you or anyone else trying to govern and change my rights as laid out in the Constitution. The same Constitution that this was put in place to protect and preserve mine as well as your freedoms! If you choose not to own such weapons then once again that is your right! Should you ever find yourself in a situation that would require such a weapon to save you or your family I honestly hope that there would be someone there to help!

With regards,

Doug McCoy

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                    contact your legislators. Only way to beat em. I already did that and sent them an email too

rick
                    I have as well.. Phone calls and e-mails. And I have actually received responses..

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                      I have as well.. Phone calls and e-mails. And I have actually received responses..
                      Any of the responses any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                        Here's the letter I sent..

I can’t believe that you as a responsible organization would air such a blatant and totally misleading commercial such as this! Pretty well all of your pictures of weapons shown are full automatic! You need to come clean on this and report all facts correctly!

Many AR’s are in fact used in this country to hunt! Check your facts once again before jumping in with both feet and making yourselves appear the fools!

I support my right to obtain and own any semi-automatic weapon for whatever is my choice, regardless if it looks similar to military issue! As long as I and those who buy do so legally you should have no qualms nor input... Assault weapons are a media hyped grouping of any weapon that does not look like a traditional hunting weapon.

The 2nd Amendment was not and will never be about the right to bear arms for hunting exclusively! I am a law abiding citizen and as such, don’t need one such as you or anyone else trying to govern and change my rights as laid out in the Constitution. The same Constitution that this was put in place to protect and preserve mine as well as your freedoms! If you choose not to own such weapons then once again that is your right! Should you ever find yourself in a situation that would require such a weapon to save you or your family I honestly hope that there would be someone there to help!

With regards,

Doug McCoy
                        word!

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                          here is an excellent interview i saw yesterday

WVCDL - The State Journal's Decision Makers Interview - YouTube

rick
                          I love these kind of people....when it hits the fan, the "unarmed" will be the first to go!!

Comment

They are just trying to shame people from not wanting to own guns. If they can put it on tv and influence the youth, in 4-8 years they feel like their party can go for a stricter ban.

Comment

am i the only one who just puked a little and couldn't finish the whole video?

Comment

Working...
                              X