Big Oak Bowhunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Oak Bowhunting!

My sister and I went to Big Oak this weekend- Dec. 28-30. Marty, Lisa, and Whitney were great! The guest cabin is beautiful and very comfortable and we ate brunch and dinner with them at their house. They served good fun and lots of fun!
    Tracey (Dusty Britches) got a fallow buck and three pigs, which I am sure she will post here. I got a nice whitetail doe! When there weren't any deer around, I popped squirrels with my sligshot. I had a great time! I would recommend Big Oak and Marty (Buff) for your next hunt!
    For those that are interested, I used my Mathews Heli-M bow (50#), Carbon Express Maxima arrows with Slick Trick broadheads. I shot the doe at 15 yards, quartering away and double lunged her. Just as the arrow hit, she jumped high in the air. It was a cool shot and perfect. She ran 60 yards. Marty's dog Bagley was on the scene soon and she went straight to the deer. The temperature was 29 degrees! Brr!
    Attached Files

Congrats man!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

sweet deal

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

I am so cold sensitive you wouldn't believe how many layers I had on; I had my UA cold gear top, bottom, gloves, and coat; wool sweater, two nylon layers, scent block base layer; and bib overalls as well as my fleece cap and fleece head sock, sock liners and expedition weight wool socks inside 800 gram thinsulate under armor boots. I should buy stock in Under Armor I own so many clothes with their logo!

Comment

super nice man - congrats to yall

Comment

Congrats on the meat and the memories

Comment

I call foul!!! <throws yellow flag> Stacey gets a doe, and all i got was a stinking pig. She went to a better hunting place though. Way to go !!

Comment

Congratulations to the both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by rifle View Post
                        i call foul!!! <throws yellow flag> stacey gets a doe, and all i got was a stinking pig. She went to a better hunting place though. Way to go !!
                        lol!!!!:d

Comment

Nice job ladies!!!!

Comment

awesome !!!! Way to go !!! congrats on the critters ! - c

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X