PDA

View Full Version : coleman co. rut

flight71
12-05-2006, 09:40 AM
If any of you folks hunt in coleman co. the rut is on and i do mean its in full swing , iwas there 12/01/06 thru 12/04/06 i saw 10 or 11 small bucks chaseing does non stop, and sunday morn at about 1030 got to see a small 120 class breed what looked to be this years little doe,she stood and he acted on it.thought might be helpfull to someone.

catfish
12-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks we have a place near Valera SW of coleman i'll pass the info on to my dad.

flight71
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
hey catfish thats right were we hunt we turn at big o's and go south to panther creek school i think thats voss or valera,small world huh!

Grayson
12-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Where, exactly, near PCHS? I'm directly across from the HS. Well, I was until our ranch owner decided to bring the oil people in last week.

Grayson
12-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Talk about a small world, I see you're also in Grayson County.

catfish
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
HEY grayson I live in Princeton , Collin County. but I graduated from Pottsboro in 92. If you go past Big O's heading west we are about 3 miles out there on the north side of the road.

SCOTTL
12-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I am also just past the Panther Creek school. About 3 miles south of Voss.
The movement has been very slow lately. How bout where you are? Can't say that I have seen anything that qualifies as a rut. Have seen a few chasing but none of the does I've seen have been willing.
Have yall been seeing any hogs. Have been on this place for 3 years now and got the first picture of a hog on the game cam about 2 weeks ago. Not enough traffic to tear up the area around feeders yet. Haven't seen any sign actually, just got about 6 on the camera.

Grayson
12-15-2006, 11:11 AM
My ******* ranch manager brought in some oil guys that cut a giant new road about 75 yards from my stand 2 weeks ago, so we're done hunting there this year. In fact, we're going to get off of that lease.

Believe it or not, I was hunting a giant 160+ typical earlier this year, but I only saw him once. Got a brief video, but don't know how to post it on here. I gotta think this buck would have been one of the largest free ranging bucks killed in Coleman County with a bow. I watched this deer for 3 years, and actually missed him last year when he was a 140-145.

flight71
12-15-2006, 09:11 PM
hey grayson havent been on in a few days,but in my tripod i can see the back of pchs ,were west of the school,u know where the guy has all the christmas lights in the yard with the tractor the rain deer r pulling, thats our land owners house our lease is all that to the west and north of that house all the way to the next co. road.