Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting a gun with shoot-through mesh???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting a gun with shoot-through mesh???

Just set up a pop-up blind with the before-mentioned shoot through mesh. I bow hunt. No problems there.

However, my dad is coming up to hunt with me for a few days and he does not bow hunt. So I was wondering if he could shoot through the mesh with his rifle? It's a .357mag lever action. Good little brush gun. Would be a 30yd shot.

Anyone ever tried it?

yes, it's o.k. shouldn't be any problems

Comment

i wouldnt see it being an issue

Comment

I would think you would have more issues with a bow than a gun. You just might not want to have the barrel to close to the mesh or it might catch on fire ;-)

Comment

I set my stand on fire just like that once. Killed the deer though.

Comment

It will blow a hole in your blind you can stick a bucket thru.
            The muzzle blast melts the net

Comment

It'll melt a hole right through that mesh

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
                I would think you would have more issues with a bow than a gun. You just might not want to have the barrel to close to the mesh or it might catch on fire ;-)

Been there before it melts more than catches on fire and it doesn't leave a nice little slit like an arrow more like a big hole

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  It will blow a hole in your blind you can stick a bucket thru.
                  The muzzle blast melts the net
                  This is true......

imagine what else happens when your jackwagon cousin sprays "off" on the mesh.

Comment

Make a small slit or hole first. The flash from the muzzle burns the mesh and makes a huuuge hole

Comment

In the past for some of my gun hunters i have just slit the mesh down the middle from top to bottom so they can stick the muzzle out a tad.

Comment

The noise will be terrible. Be sure and have hearing protection and a lot of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DAllen View Post
                          The noise will be terrible. Be sure and have hearing protection and a lot of it.
                          Yup. I cut the mesh and slide the barrel out.

You don't want to keep all the boom in the tent with you!!!

Comment

i sat in an old pop up with my 270 last year and took a shot at a buck. My barrel was not sticking out of the blind. The whole freakn side of the blind opened up. After the shot, i was . No joke man. The pop up was toast. I had pics but I lost my phone out there as well. Make sure the barrel is sticking out!

Comment

I think a compression concusion in a small enclosed environment would be bad in a number of ways.

cut a slit and slide the barrel out. Better yet back off about 40-50 more yards and don't hunt out of the bow blind. More concerning to me would be my deer realizing loud death comes out of my bow blind.

Comment

Working...
                              X