Bird/Snaro points wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird/Snaro points wanted

Anyone have any they're not using? Or better yet, any tips on how to make them?

Thanks,

Ron

Send Bisch a PM, he made some awesome ones a while back. Their might even be a post on it in the DIY section.

Comment

You want to buy one or just borrow one? I might have a couple either way. Let me look tonight and I will let you know.

Comment

I'd prefer to build my own if anyone has a cool blueprint for some. If not, buying them would do just fine.

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

snaros

I have some 3's and some 6's I can get you for $5 each plus freight

Comment

PM sent bat man.

Comment

Anyone else? Bisch, any tips on how to make one?

Comment

Ron, here is a pic of the bird points I made. I have tried them out on dove but have yet to hit a dove to see how effective they will be.

Bisch

Comment

Awesome brother, thanks for the pic. I will be experimenting myself with some points like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
                    Awesome brother, thanks for the pic. I will be experimenting myself with some points like yours.
                    If you make some like these, try to find wire that is stiffer than a coat hanger and smaller diameter than a coat hanger. We used coat hangers and they are really not stiff enough.

Bisch

Comment

I think I have some piano wire that should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Ron, here is a pic of the bird points I made. I have tried them out on dove but have yet to hit a dove to see how effective they will be.

Bisch
                        Those are pretty sweet Bisch! Are this old thunderheads without blades?

Comment

Yeah, I would love to know more about them. Looks like they're jb welded together... what metal do you recommend for it to be stiffer?

Looks like I'm going to be warming up my welder pretty soon...

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1986 View Post
                            Those are pretty sweet Bisch! Are this old thunderheads without blades?
                            Yes they are!

Originally posted by ggenovez View Post
                            Yeah, I would love to know more about them. Looks like they're jb welded together... what metal do you recommend for it to be stiffer?

Looks like I'm going to be warming up my welder pretty soon...
                            They are JB welded. I put the BH ferrules on a drill press and drilled perpendicular holes. Then put the wire through and JB welded it together. I used coat hanger for the wire on these and it bends way to easily. A thinner stiffer wire would make a better bird point I think.

I'll be waiting to see how Ron's version turns out with the piano wire.

Bisch
                            Last edited by Bisch; 08-01-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Yes they are!

They are JB welded. I put the BH ferrules on a drill press and drilled perpendicular holes. Then put the wire through and JB welded it together. I used coat hanger for the wire on these and it bends way to easily. A thinner stiffer wire would make a better bird point I think.

I'll be waiting to see how Ron's version turns out with the piano wire.

Bisch
                              Gonna have to try it out I got prolly 3 dozen old thunderheads

Comment

Working...
                              X