3D question / Collin County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D question / Collin County

Might sound silly, but can someone explain to me how these tourneys and shoots work? Is it different for all clubs or are their "national" rules governing it? The closest club to me is Collin County Bowhunters Association, are there any members on here that could answer some questions, the contact link on the website is broken.

What kind of questions you have. Most shoots are the same. Some have their own rules. The only time you will have " national" rules are when they are qulifing tourneys.

Comment

Ive never shot in one before and have no idea about what goes on. Are they in rounds, if so how many? Are they separated by skill level. Are the yardages marked or not. etc...

Comment

Most 3D ranges are 30 targets. It normally takes about 4 hours to shoot a 30 target range. Part of 3D is judging distance. The yardages will not be marked. The Collin County club that you are talking about has no affliation to a national organization that I know of. It is a great place to shoot and the people are nice. There are different classes that you can shoot in. If you have never shot 3D before I would suggest that you start in a Bow novice class. This class is just to get your feet wet. I think that the max yardage that you will see in that class is 30 or 35 yards. The hunter class which would be the next class up has a 40 yard max.

There are alot of great clubs in the Metroplex. I started shooting 3D just to sharpen my skills for deer hunting. I now go to a shoot just about every weekend once the season starts. If you have any questions and want to hook up and go to a few 3D tournaments let me know. I live right outside of Denton so it would not be hard to meet you.

My email is aggie2000tx@yahoo.com

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Sounds great Toby, I will shoot you an email.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_Redraider View Post
            Sounds great Toby, I will shoot you an email.
            Sounds good I will try to help any way that I can.

Comment

Collin County shoots 40 targets for 3d. 1 round of 20 from 1 colored stake and then the 2nd round from a different color stake for a possible total score of 400. The first shoot out there is 2-09-08. It is a great group of guys and gals, You should give them a try. Everyone there is very helpful and you should have not trouble finding someone to steer you in the right direction. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X