Missed A Nice Bobcat Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed A Nice Bobcat Yesterday

I'm trying to whack a huge spike on the lease in Victoria that's the dominant buck in an area and was rattling and grunting trying to get him to come in when I looked over a saw a huge bobcat crouching in the grass watching me in my tri-pod. He came to the sound of the horns rattling and the grunting. This cat has been seen trying to take down a full size deer before.

He was out about 20-25 yards watching while I took my time with the shot. I shot just under him and he jumped straight up 8 ft into the air flipping around 180% in the air so he would be headed the heck out of dodge when he came back to earth. Beautiful cat, I'm going back early this evening with a varmint caller and set-up back towards his home range hoping for another chance at him. Going to try a wounded woodpecker tape and hanging a turkey feather in the brush.

Good luck Chris. They make some purdy back quivers.

Comment

wish you luck Thumper,lets see pics if you get him.

Comment

Good luck on the cat Chris

Comment

No luck on the bobcat but got a redbird whacked... I used a wounded redbird tape and had every redbird on the lease hopping all around the varmint call when a redtail hawk came in and whacked one just off the ground. I just knew with all the racket the redbirds were making the bobcat would show for sure but he didn't.

Called in a yearling doe but passed, I'm not sure if its legal to use an electric caller to call deer.

Comment

Those cats sure can jump...I have seen it before. Good luck. From what I understand they are very territorial so I bet you get another shot before long. Good luck on that spike too!

Comment

Yes cats are awesome had one try to climb up my tree into my lap before he realized that i wasn't somehting he needed to be sittin on, he made it down adn out of sight in less than 3 secs, Ha ha ha ha ha Run Forrest Run!

Comment

Working...
              X