First Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Deer

Well I know that i am new to the board but had to share one of the greatests moments in my hunting life. I have waited 7 long years for this day and it finally arrived. My son has been going to the stand with me since he was 2. After one long summer of shooting and practicing, he said that he was ready. We took off to San Angelo and all he could do was talk about shooting a deer. Saturday morning was a bust, tried to let him hunt out of a bow blind and when the deer are at 15 yards there is no room for error. Try telling that to a 7 year old. Saturday night we saw nothing. Sunday morning had a nice little buck and two does come in. Buck was about 50 yards from stand when i asked my son if he had him, "Yes Sir" shoot him then. It is amazing how loud the sound CLICK makes. In all the excitement, i forgot to take the safety off. No problem there is still a doe at the feeder. He trys a neck shot and nothing but dirt flies, then the old buckfever comes into play. He was shaking so bad and thought that his hands were frost bit. After calming him down and about 30 minutes later another buck walked in. He put is little .223 right behind the shoulder and dropped him in his tracks. Fellas, there is nothing like the feeling that came over me and watching his face light up when i started dancing outside the stand. Here are some pics of my son's first deer.

Too cool! Tell him congrats on his first! (That's a heck of a first too!)

Comment

Great story & great first buck!

Comment

nice buck.

Comment

Congrats, Lil Tryk

Great First(or second) Deer

Kudos to Dad for making it happen

Comment

That's great, congrats.

Comment

Awesome, congrats to the young hunter.

DJ

Comment

Great job, Dad and son. You will remember it forever. Nice Buck

Comment

AWESOME Congrats to him for the first deer and congrats on creating some great memories.

Comment

Too Cool!!! Congrats!!

Comment

Fellas, there is nothing like the feeling that came over me and watching his face light up when i started dancing outside the stand.
                      Very cool story......And yes, There's nothing to compare to the glowing face of a young'un.......
                      Thanks for sharing
                      Shaun

Comment

Congrats! Your right there is nothing like that feeling. I had that moment with my son two seasons ago when he took his first deer at the age of 10. And now he love's it.

Comment

Awesome, congrats to the both of you

Comment

Congrats and there will be many more so enjoy them all.

Comment

Congrats!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	jacob 49.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	23816773

Comment

Working...
                              X