NTex
11-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Anybody know anything about this place?

m'gobo
11-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Never heard of 'em. sorry

duck'n
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
There was just a thread about this place on the ATC page...you could do a search there.

deadeye
12-10-2006, 05:39 PM
How much do the blackbucks cost?

deadeye
12-10-2006, 05:41 PM
How much do the blackbucks cost?

Texastaxi
01-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I emailed this dude to get some pricing on his rams. I was told they "vary", and through the course of 3 emails, I still couldn't get an answer.

BTW, you can't advertise on here without being a sponsor!

gr_elliott
01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I have never been to this place....but in referance to the Ram hunt price on his website it says $300 for any Full-Curl Ram

I love how people get so fired up about someone not being a sponsor, it always makes me laugh.

NTex
01-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I will chime in on DB Hog Ranch, since I started this post!!! I ended up going on a hog hunt with my Dad there back in Dec. I was going to use my bow but my Dad is blind in one eye and wanted me to stay with him. So we both hunted out of a blind. He ended up getting a 80lb sow at about 85 yards out and I got a 110lb boar at 75 yards. Danny and Kelly are real friendly people and if you treat them right they will treat you right. I was very impressed with them and their son. The ranch is on typical hill country land and is about 300 acres and you will see a lot of different animals. They have allot of different set ups for bow and rifle and will cater to you. So, YES I would recommend them for a hog hunt and I hope to go back with my bow soon!!! I am sorry I can't help with the ram hunts.

Epack
01-08-2007, 11:53 PM
danny is a first class rep for their operation, dustin i belive ive worked on your bow a few times?

Texastaxi
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
I just love it how people think there's only one size of horns on a ram!
I love it even more how some new members think it's OK to violate site guidelines and are compelled to run their mouth about it.

gr_elliott
01-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I have looked into this hunting ranch before and had heard good things about it, I am sure I will end up out there in the near future to stick a hog.

TexasTaxi, the reason the "no ads unless you are a sponsor" struck me as funny is because I saw 2 different vigilante approaches yesterday before lunch alone. I have read this board for a while everyday (I would say for about a year) and have seen all the threads about sponsors. From a business standpoint that makes perfect sense and should be that way. It is the actions of non-moderators that make me laugh inside. I get a visual of someone in a pick-up on the hi-way getting real fired because someone is speeding, so they take the law into their own hands and pull the car over to write them out a ticket on a post-it-note.

not picking on you, just a fun visual for me.

Texastaxi
01-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Obviously, you haven't seen my BADGE! :D

gr_elliott
01-09-2007, 11:02 AM
thats awesome:p :D

NTex
01-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I love it even more how some new members think it's OK to violate site guidelines and are compelled to run their mouth about it.

The name of this topic area is Rate the Day Lease!!! So I rated this day lease. What makes me new member because I do not have almost 700 post like you. Sometimes it is the quality of your post not the quantity!!!!!!!!

Mary
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Did I miss something? Has a post been pulled? Where is the advertisement on this post?

I haven't had a whole lot of time to catch up with things around here lately, but what the heck is up with this thread?

Texastaxi... unless I am in the wrong area (and missing something that has been pulled from here) this was rating a day lease operation and not an ad.?.?.?.?.? :confused:

Devin
01-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Mary, I removed the posts in question by someone affiliated with the ranch.

Mary
01-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Ahhhh thanks, I was starting to think TBH had gone whacky in my absence ;)

Texastaxi
01-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Ntex, don't get your knickers in a knot ... that was directed to elliott!

It's OK, Mary ... let this be a lesson to you ... don't stay away too long! ;)

skeeter
01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't get it. Someone had a question about a ranch. Someone from that ranch responded with a phone # and web site. No prices were mentioned. No advertisement was made. Why did his posts get pulled? I read them before they were pulled. If someone NOT affiliated w/ the ranch would have posted the # and web site, would that be acceptable? Sounds like someone needs to mind their own business and worry about their own knotted knickers.

BTW, here is the web site if anybody is interested. Looks like a neat place. May have to give them a call. And no, I am not affiliated w/ the ranch.
http://www.dbhogranch.com/

Texastaxi
01-09-2007, 03:59 PM

Someone's prescription ran out!

ptlmg
01-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Darnit, I'm all confused!! I hate it when this happens. I knew it. Soon as I get off this darn computer, something exciting happens. Guess I'll have to wait til next time.:cool: hehehe

ZHUNTER
01-19-2007, 05:30 PM
just booked a hunt for my boys and my self been many times and will go many more .can not ask for better people when it comes to a day hunt.

Rackrus
01-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Talked to the ranch manager last week. Full curl ram hunts are $300.00 Larger rams are $650.00 and $750.00.

AuntJemima
01-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi Mary!

Chris
01-27-2007, 01:55 AM
You would think they would just give you the ice if
you spent a couple hundred dollars with them!

ZHUNTER
03-05-2007, 05:44 PM
took 2 nice hogs this weekend and had a ball .

rtread
03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I have booked a one day hog hunt at DB in mid-May. I knew nothing about the place other than I asked at the archery shop about hog hunting and got their flyer. I have no experiences there yet but will be watching posts for more reviews and tips. Ray

Scorpion7
03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
rtread, let us know how your hunt goes. I am booked for a 2 day hunt with them in June.

cantexduck
03-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I have a hog hunt for my Grandpa's Birthday on April 21. Think we are gonna get 3 pigs. I will let yall know how it is!-Mike-

mason bowhunter
03-21-2007, 04:19 PM
hunted there last year and had a blast.Lots of hogs!!!

Scorpion7
03-21-2007, 11:17 PM
I am taking my 10 an 13 Year olds along. Can't wait.

Yankee
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
I have been there a few times with my kids. It was get and have a company hunt set up for next weekend. Will post up pictures.

Jim

Scorpion7
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Jim How did the hunt go? Any Pics?

rtread
05-16-2007, 09:51 PM
rtread, let us know how your hunt goes. I am booked for a 2 day hunt with them in June.

Actually, my "hunt" never happened. I was at Bigs Shell Station at 5:45 this morning (actually 5:30) as per instructions (the instructions on website just give location of meet, not time....I had to spend a week prior to the big event dealing with lost emails and phone tag to find out I was supposed to be there at 5:45). So....I was there at the appropriate time. At about 6:15 I realized there was a problem so I called the number on the card and got A RECORDING! I waited a while longer and called again, still got A RECORDING!. By this time I was getting a bit chippy. Some local yokels in Bigs having their morning coffee were really enjoying my situation and I was getting a good dose of their two-bit advice on paying to hunt hogs. They were ranchers, but none invited me out to their place to hunt the "pests" for free....they just wanted to give me the business.
Finally! My cell phone rang at 6:53 and it was Danny who had obviously just woke up. He said he "dropped the ball" (boy howdy!) and forgot he had a hunter because they had had a bad thunderstorm during the night and he went to bed feeling secure that there would be no hog hunters in the morning. Unfortunately, it didn't rain on the other end of Burnet County during the night, nor did it rain in Bertram as I didn't see any puddles or wetness anywhere. But.....I'm not disputing that it could have rained at his place. So Danny apologized for dropping the ball and offered to let me go ahead and hunt the rest of the morning or hunt in the evening. At that point, I told him I really didn't think so, had a "bad taste in my mouth". He replied that he also had a bad taste in his mouth and at that point my decision was definitely firmed up. He said he would mail my $50 payment back to me and I said fine. I'm sure he will. Just as I rolled into Burnet, his wife called me and was very apologetic and wanted me to consider coming back in the evening and hunt at no charge. I considered this and decided not to....gas prices being what they are, another trip both ways didn't make sense. Actually, the gas expense wasn't the only reason.... I was just disgusted with the way this turned out. I had made every effort to gather information and be on time and live up to my end and I was told HE had a bad taste in HIS mouth? Uh-uh. I don't play that way.
I know others have had good experiences there....I have read the reviews. I'm sure they will return and others will find it a good place to hunt. I was told this morning that in three years this is the only time that had happened. That may be so. Lucky me.
My best advice is find a way to communicate effectively with them prior to the hunt and call them the night before. I didn't call the night before because I had talked to Danny just two or three days before when he told me to be at Bigs at 5:45....and it didn't seem necessary to call again ....nor was it requested.
Sorry this ran on. I wanted it to be an accurate description and couldn't do it without getting into details. Good luck on your hunt and let us know how it goes! Thanks. Ray

cantexduck
05-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the info!!! sorry about your wasted trip.

abouch1213
05-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your morning!!!

Scorpion7
05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
RTREAD sorry to hear that.

Has anyone else had any issues with this place??? Like I posted above, I am taking my kids for their first hog hunt and want everything to go smooth. I would hate to get them all jazzed up and then the hunt go off (or not) like rtread's.

Yankee
05-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry I forgot post the pictures from the hunt. I have not had any problems with hunting out there. There is about a 98% chance that you will see hogs and is a great place to take the kids to shoot there first one. This is where my daughter will shoot hers once she gets up in poundage.

Here is my very first hog I shot with my bow.

Scorpion7
07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Well we had our hunt on Friday and Saturday and I must say despite the weather we had a great time. As I stated in previous posts, I took my son and daughter and they both got their first hogs. :) We Killed 7 hogs total ranging from 35lbs to 180lbs. I'll post pics later.

Chris
07-06-2007, 12:51 AM
$125 a day :(