PDA

View Full Version : Sycamore Creek Ranch

whakm
10-29-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm new to the site and was wondering,has anyone ever hunted there? It's down around GlenRose. Any info you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

Videographer
10-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes it is ran by Troy who is an outstanding fella and owner of a Bowshop near there.

I filmed a hunt roughly a month ago with "Singleshot" for the Show Support organization. The feature hunter was Jay Fonderon (TBH handle = BLowedUp) who lost both of his legs in Iraq. We did a duel camera set up all during the hunt.

Also at the ranch at that time was 2 of Bowtech's Corporate Staff Russell Barber and a fellow who goes by the name of Bob Unknown. Bowtech donated a new Guardian to Jay and a hole bunch of other stuff. The lodge was so cold I had to turn the AC down, it worked that good. Lots of Hogs, and I didn't see one smaller than 100lbs during that trip.

whakm
10-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Good Deal! I'm thinking of booking a hunt in January ,after deer season. It would be myself, a couple of buddies and 15 year old son and an 18 year old daughter. I guess what I'm looking for is a "target rich" hunt. Keep the kids (even us big ones) from getting bored. Thanks

Cooter
10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Is there a website or contact info available?

whakm
10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
There website is sycamorecreekhoghunting.com. Seems like a pretty good place. Lodging, and lots of hogs and the price is good.Like I said, I'm looking for a place where I can take some buddies who don't get to hunt during deer season and young hunters with plenty of action.