PDA

View Full Version : Bucees going in @ NB 35/306ish in New Braunfels

blacksunshine
06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Bucees going in @ NB 35/306ish in New Braunfels

Saw it on the way back to Austin from San Antonio, north bound 35 just before 306

bowhuntertex
06-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Heard about that......now I may finally be able to stop at the infamous Bucees......

zztex
06-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Perfect for where I hunt

kfd82
06-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm telling ya' the guy who owns them is a genius!

He has covered all the major travel routes.
Houston to SA on I-10
Houston to Dallas on I-45
Houston to Corpus/Coastal Bend area on Hwy 59
And now between SA and NB.

Hits probably 70 - 80% of the travel route of every hunter, weekend tripper, summer vacationer in the state.

bowhuntertex
06-19-2011, 02:26 PM
He just needs one on I-10 heading west outside SA somewhere and 35 S of SA......

Swampa
06-19-2011, 02:29 PM
I wish he would put one on I20 west of Fort Worth.

Fightinaggies
06-19-2011, 02:39 PM
He just needs one on I-10 heading west outside SA somewhere and 35 S of SA......

If he put one in Boerne right off the highway it would make a killing with all the hill country hunting traffic through there

awatsonjr
06-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Probably a foreign Muslim that owns them all

locoengineer
06-19-2011, 03:08 PM
they belong to a fellow in mexico

fritztown
06-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Bucees going in @ NB 35/306ish in New Braunfels

Saw it on the way back to Austin from San Antonio, north bound 35 just before 306

NORTHBOUND?:mad:

kfd82
06-19-2011, 03:26 PM

they belong to a fellow in mexico

Where do you people get your information? :confused:

The gentleman that owns them lives in Brazoria County. As far as I know he was born and raised there.

His business is a great success story. Yall should maybe look into things before slinging snide remarks...:mad:

Thwackmaster
06-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Whats special about Bucees? I have never been to one.

Smart
06-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm telling ya' the guy who owns them is a genius!

He has covered all the major travel routes.
Houston to SA on I-10
Houston to Dallas on I-45
Houston to Corpus/Coastal Bend area on Hwy 59
And now between SA and NB.

Hits probably 70 - 80% of the travel route of every hunter, weekend tripper, summer vacationer in the state.

If he would just put one on I-20 West between DFW and Abilene he would definitely reach that percentage if not increase it as he would capture the great fall flight out 20 from DFW....... It would become a regular stop for us versus the Loves, Pilots or Town and Countrys.

lameduck
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Lot's of people and traffic

Aggie PhD
06-19-2011, 03:50 PM

Wrong. White guy that graduated from TAMU. A friend's uncle was roommates with him while at TAMU

Was talking with some of the help at the one in Madisonville. She said it was supposed to have over 90 pumps and that they pay well ($11 bucks/hour)

Look at their website and requirements of their employees. They run a tight ship

Liberty06
06-19-2011, 03:51 PM

x2. I just see people wearing the t-shirts a lot.

Smart
06-19-2011, 04:02 PM

x2. I just see people wearing the t-shirts a lot.

Cheaps gas, cheap ice, cheaper than most corn, super clean restrooms and a good selection of other "stuff"......

They also have some miscellaneous hunting items that one could get if he/she needed one on the way to the lease. We stop at the one in Luling on the way to our dove lease. I wish we had one on the way to our deer lease. It beats the heck out of the other big stations...

DeadeyeDeb
06-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I believe ther is a billboard that says it will be ready in 2012.

blacksunshine
06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buc-ee%27s

Buc-ee's, Ltd is a chain of convenience store/travel centers located in the Central & Gulf Coast region of Texas. The company is owned by Arch "Beaver" Aplin III & Don Wasek and is based in Lake Jackson, Texas, 40 miles south of Houston, Texas.

Company
Aplin & Wasek opened their first store in Lake Jackson in 1982 on Old Angleton Road & Oyster Creek Drive, which still stands today. The Buc-ee’s brand soon became known for providing quality products at reasonable prices and the cheapest ice anywhere. A 20 lb. bag of ice is 99¢. Based on the success of their first store, Aplin & Wasek repeated the format throughout southeast Texas, mainly in Brazoria County, along the Texas State Highway 288 corridor catering mostly to neighbors, boaters and families headed to Lake Jackson, Freeport & Surfside Beach.[2]

In 2004, Buc-ee's opened their flagship store in Luling, Texas at the intersection of Interstate 10 & US Highway 90. The store put Buc-ee's on the map and has become a Texas institution. Due to the popularity, the store has been remodeled numerous times to accommodate the millions of customers that visit the store annually. Buc-ee's added 100+ additional parking spaces and another wing to the store which includes a new side entrance, additional cash registers, fountain/coffee machines, and Texas specialty gifts and outdoor/hunting equipment.

Buc-ee's opened two large scale travel centers in 2009 in Madisonville, Texas on Interstate 45 & Highway 21 and Wharton, Texas on U.S. Route 59 & FM 102. The Madisonville & Wharton locations have the same concept as the one in Luling with large restrooms and fueling areas (32 pumps) and a wide selection of beef jerky, pastries, prepared sandwiches, and tacos. Dippin' Dots and homemade fudge is also sold at these stores. Madisonville & Wharton both boasted the two largest stores in the company after their openings, but Luling once again took over the throne as the largest store in the company after the remodels in 2010.

Buc-ee's offers products found at most convenience stores such as fuel, cigarettes, tobacco, chips, drinks and soda at their smaller neighborhood stores. Their larger scale travel centers include a full-service deli, coffee shop, state of the art car washes, Texas themed specialty gifts and food, and an outdoor center which caters to hunters. Unlike many other convenience stores, in order to keep fast paced service, Buc-ee's does not sell lottery tickets.

06-19-2011, 04:13 PM

I always thought Castroville would be a nice fit.

awatsonjr
06-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Glad to hear it's American run. Not too many places these days are.

HandiKap Bowhunter
06-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Yep been watching them moving dirt for over 2 weeks. It is going to be the biggest one they have. close to 100 pumps. Its right at the intersection of 306 and 35. Talk about getting ALL the traffic to the lakes and rivers

Throwin' Darts
06-19-2011, 08:01 PM
The buccees there will be 66,000 sf, bigger than the Target in the same development. It has the be the biggest gas station out there once it's built.

blacksunshine
06-19-2011, 08:03 PM
The buccees there will be 66,000 sf, bigger than the Target in the same development. It has the be the biggest gas station out there once it's built.

how is that possible? is it going to be like a walmart or is that including the pavement and buildings?

shadow hunter
06-19-2011, 08:24 PM

If it's that big, then it's not a convenience store anymore.

bryan sandlin
06-19-2011, 08:59 PM
buc-es is a place we have been going to, and stop. no matter what. ice there, and if the weekend did what was needed, ice on the way back. best restrooms in the state by far. just want a real good double cheese burger from them.

Farm Boy
06-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Got to love Buc-ee’s. ;)b The first store was opened in Lake Jackson. The store got its name from one of the owners that got harassed as a kid for having buck teeth, or at least that’s what a friend of mine told me that worked at one. The best part about these gas stations is the restrooms. They pride themselves on having the cleanest restroom. I hit the one in Wharton every chance I can. The one on I-10 near Luling is a Gold Mine.

buckwild17
06-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Power to the beaver !!!!

Bear82
06-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Biggest tourist or travelers trap ever. Good place to go to bathroom, but dont buy any of their overpriced merchandise.

brianlg31
06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
We stopped at the one in Luling today. There was a line of cars to get in the parking lot. It was unreal all the people there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckySWT
06-19-2011, 10:18 PM
man...that side of town is just exploding. They put in that whole shopping center, target, best buy, etc. Then a really nice movie theater...nice thing...NO VIDEO GAMES = no teenie boppers loitering around...they patrol the other theater in town.

Now Bucees going in, and soon to be another hospital complex across from it.

And they connected 306 with Freiheit Rd.

Now...if they'd just fix Walnut St all the way out through 46 W towards Canyon Lake.

bowmech
06-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Biggest tourist or travelers trap ever. Good place to go to bathroom, but dont buy any of their overpriced merchandise.

The one in Wharton had a decent deal on Yeti coolers ( even i didn't buy one). The Buc-ees outdoors has allways a fair deal on feeders.
But for the most part, it's allways fun to go there, the restrooms are allways clean, and there is allways good people watching.;)b

Smart
06-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Good place to go to bathroom, but dont buy any of their overpriced merchandise.

What convenience store doesn't have any stuff that is overpriced compared to a Walmart?

ty729
06-19-2011, 10:36 PM
I dig the concept!

American owned
cheap prices on ice and corn and I suppose fuel

Somewhere on I-20 between Weatherford and Cisco on the westbound side!

Another good spot would be on 35W near Cabelas or TMS!

Smart
06-19-2011, 10:46 PM
I dig the concept!

American owned
cheap prices on ice and corn and I suppose fuel

Somewhere on I-20 between Weatherford and Cisco on the westbound side!

Another good spot would be on 35W near Cabelas or TMS!

Either way I'd stop there....:D

Pigkilln
06-19-2011, 10:47 PM
By far the best bathrooms. My buddy built the Wharton one, and remodeled the Luling one. Even did some work on the owners ranch. They have real good prices. Would rather spend my money there than Walmart.

VorTexan
06-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Buc ee's here I come!

Breezy
06-19-2011, 11:28 PM
In a 24 hr period all the stores combined do $25,000 in fountain drink sales alone!!! Nice!!!

DorothyNotKeegan
06-19-2011, 11:36 PM
I still love me an allsup's burrito. I've never been to a bucees. I always stop at the allsup's just south of stephenville on 377 to get a Dublin DP and a burrito.

What's so cool about them?:)

Breezy
06-19-2011, 11:42 PM
I still love me an allsup's burrito. I've never been to a bucees. I always stop at the allsup's just south of stephenville on 377 to get a Dublin DP and a burrito.

What's so cool about them?:)

The fact that you have never been in one!!! Lmao. ;) :). Y'all r killing me tonight I gotta go nt nt. :). Give smart a hug for me. :) :). Lol

MAP
06-19-2011, 11:42 PM
The guy who owns the stores also owns the Corazon ranch in LaSalle county which use to be part of the Cameron Ranch.

He found a niche and was able to fill it. The stores are really neat and they have a ton of stuff in them that you cant find at other stores.

DorothyNotKeegan
06-19-2011, 11:44 PM
The fact that you have never been in one!!! Lmao. ;) :). Y'all r killing me tonight I gotta go nt nt. :). Give smart a hug for me. :) :). Lol

Is there something mystical or magical about them? It's a gas station...right?:)

Breezy
06-19-2011, 11:45 PM
The guy who owns the stores also owns the Corazon ranch in LaSalle county which use to be part of the Cameron Ranch.

He found a niche and was able to fill it. The stores are really neat and they have a ton of stuff in them that you cant find at other stores.

Yes he does. And it filled up with Boss Game System fiberglass blinds & towers. ;).

Hey were u in rockport(key allegro) Saturday?

Breezy
06-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Is there something mystical or magical about them? It's a gas station...right?:)

Tons of pumps, foods of all kinds, candy, shirts, belts, hot sauces, dippin dots, feeders, corn, BBQ pits, fish fryers, blinds, yeti coolers, and way more.......

DorothyNotKeegan
06-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Tons of pumps, foods of all kinds, candy, shirts, belts, hot sauces, dippin dots, feeders, corn, BBQ pits, fish fryers, blinds, yeti coolers, and way more.......

Alright!;)b

Where's the closest one to DFW?:)

Breezy
06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Alright!;)b

Where's the closest one to DFW?:)

Don't know. Ask smart. :)

Smart
06-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Don't know. Ask smart. :)

No idea.... The only one I frequent has been the one in Luling...

DorothyNotKeegan
06-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Y'all disappoint me. Is there one in Taft where y'all grew up??:)

Smart
06-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Y'all disappoint me. Is there one in Taft where y'all grew up??:)

Nope but I hear there is one going in somewhere near the capitol of Earth...Kansas...:)

Is your google broke?..;)

kfd82
06-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Closest one to DFW is going to be in Madisonville on I-45.

bearintex
06-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Homegrown Brazoria County guy. Second hand info (good friend's father golfs with Mr. Buccee every week) is that he places the stores along his hunting travel routes about where he needs to stop for a break. ;)b

bearintex
06-20-2011, 08:39 AM
The Luling store sells over 20K 20 pound bags of ice opening weekend of rifle season. There is also one going in in Bastop.

Clint
06-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Got to love Buc-ee’s. ;)b The store got its name from one of the owners that got harassed as a kid for having buck teeth, or at least that’s what a friend of mine told me that worked at one.

Not exactly. His mother nicknamed him Beaver when he was a baby. He has been known as Beaver all his life.

I believe the mascot and name are a play on that and Brazoswood Bucaneers, the highschool he graduated from.

I have some insight into the story. I've known Beaver a long time, hewas in my first wedding.

The stories and rumors are entertaining. :)