Lets talk c perlin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk c perlin.

How far of a span can you get out of 4",6", and 8" c perlin? 30' to far of a distance between posts for 8"?

30' is a long ways, but i'm sure someone on here can give you a detailed analysis...

Comment

That would be further than I would want to span without any support in th between uprights. It stick to 10 or 15' if it were me.

Comment

Mine are 20' with 8" and I would not attempt to go any further. Call a Mueller rep and ask them. They are very helpful.

Comment

I am not structural engineer, but the sell it in 20' stick for a reason i bet!! 30 feet is a dang long span with no center support. I beam maybe 8" would work, but C perlin would be a little risky IMO!

Comment

Pretty sure Mueller is good up to 24' on 8". Don't think they will engineer any longer than that
            I've got 24' bays with them every 5 feet apart
            Last edited by Shiner; 04-12-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

What gauge is the perlin?

Comment

I built a 25'Wx20'D carport out of 8" material 5 years ago and it is still as solid as the first day, with no sag whatsoever. Dont know about 30'

Comment

24 foot is the max

Comment

30' with 8" c purlin will hold but the outside elements may not hold it down. The best way to go is 8" c purlin on a 20' span as it was told to us. He was right about it to.

Comment

A 10''x31/2'' 12 gauge may work

Comment

Ok thanks, looks like ill be drilling some more holes and adding some more post. The car port is 85' x 30' and I went every 20' wide with a upright. But, I thought I could get away with the 30' deep without having to had a center brace.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          I am not structural engineer, but the sell it in 20' stick for a reason i bet!!
                          "C" purlin is sold in 20,25 or 30 foot lengths!

Comment

24foot is fine on eight inch c perlin

Comment

I cut this from Flexospans website. It may help as there are several factors to consider for the spans on purlins. They have a number if you want to call 800-245-0396.
                              Notes from the website are: Many different variables can affect loading. For instance; drift loading, building height,geographic location, wind loadings.
                              The span of the purlin depends on the loading you are placing on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X