PDA

View Full Version : DB Huntin Ranch....ATTN LUCKY???

cpr1979
09-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Has anyone been here? I'm looking for a good place close to Austin to go stick a pig. Lucky can you give me some help on this?

cpr1979
09-26-2007, 09:24 PM
www.dbhogranch.com

Here's the website

cantexduck
09-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I know abunch of people that have hunted that place before. Only heard a few bad stories about them. But for what you pay there, you can go to ABC in San Saba and pay atad more and get to hunt all weekend. If you go the ABC way let me know, I will join you.

Bhunter318
09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Cherokee hog hunts is also a great place. I killed a nice boar 4 weeks ago there and 2 meat hogs. They have tons of hogs. Watch there videos. What you see on the videos is what is at the ranch. They more hogs than I have ever seen on one place.There website is www.cherokeehoghunts.com if you are interested. Cherokee is only 15 minutes from San Saba.

cpr1979
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
cantexduck- sounds ok. I've hunted ABC twice and have yet to see a pig over 80lbs killed. Its always a fun hunt. I was just looking for a place at a larger hog. Tried Boazmans which is nice but came up empty handed. what do you know about Cherokee. Seems everytime its mentioned the thread gets banned

cantexduck
09-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I was also looking at tring hunt-n-shoot out. A little further drive but I have heard all good things about it. I like the piney woods so I will prolly try them next. I was thinking during the split of duck season I may try to go kill a pig. ABC is good for meat. Richard has had a few pigs over 175 killed out there. I like that place b/c you can hunt at night,go at your own pace and STALK. I will still go there but I want,like you, a hoss.

Cherokee looks like a decent place to hunt. Havent tried them but may in the future. The mods dont like people advertiseing for places that arnt sponsers.
Good looking dog you got there.

Devin
09-26-2007, 11:32 PM
The mods dont like people advertising for places that aren't sponsors.

Actually, we have no problem at all with TBH users who are patrons of particular ranches making recommendations. In fact, we encourage such, as that is the reason for a "Rate the Day Lease" section. However, we do look down on individuals who appear to be affiliated and/or possibly receiving benefits from making said recommendations for particular ranches.

Cherokee Hog Hunts is one such ranch that is always "recommended" by newly registered users who simply spam that ranch and don't take part in any other aspect of this forum. BTW, CHH is by far the leader in this category.

Also noteworthy IMO is that it was also the ranch of choice of a former user named "Adair" who appeared to be a guide at said ranch. Search his username for a quite colorful contribution to this site.

Usually with spammers, like those for Cherokee Hog Hunts, who persist, even after being asked to stop we ban them, and if they re-register filter their IP address. Unfortunately, CHH spammers usually trace to a San Angelo State IP.... of which there are too many to filter.

cantexduck
09-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Thats what I was getting at.

Bhunter318
09-27-2007, 08:40 AM
I am not trying to spam for this ranch. He asked for help with hog hunts near Austin. Well I am from Austin and it only takes 2 hours to get to Cherokee from there. I have been to the ranch 3 different times every time with success. The people that own cherokee hog hunts do not even now I am posting on here. I posted pics of the ranch a while back and that is when TBH was down and when it came back on they were gone along with several other posts of mine and I had to register again for some reason. I will gladly delete the post above if you like but I am not spamming.

rtread
09-27-2007, 03:09 PM
I had a bad experience with DB Hog Ranch.....scroll way back for details. The promise of a full refund by the owners (both) was never fulfilled. I never contacted them again because the $50.00 wasn't as important to me as evidently it was to them.
Others seem to have had good luck with them.
If I hog hunt again it will be at the Chambers place near Sabinal. Even though I didn't kill a hog there I liked the way they run their operation and treat their customers.

goofiefoot
09-27-2007, 05:17 PM
My dad and I hunted DB last year and had a good time. I was there for hogs and my dad got the hog/ram combo. It's a small area (120 acres), so it might seem a little "canned" for some, but it's a good opportunity to get animals in close and practice good shot placement. I shot a 60 lb'er at 20 yards - clean double-lung pass-through. My dad got a nice pig and a beautiful black Hawaiian (his photos are on their site - top of page 2) that he got mounted. The folks running the show made sure we were happy with our hunt, let us come out the night before and scope out the place, and was able to put my dad right on his ram to stalk.

cpr1979
09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Copper is about 9 months now. He's huge. Being trying to do little stuff with him but all he wants to do is play. Might take him to a school.

Hunt-n-shoot looks good. I too have thought about them and thought about canney creek but they stay booked pretty far in advance. If nothing else we can go pay Richard a visit in the split. This is my first year to be on a lease with ducks so it could get interesting

cantexduck
09-27-2007, 08:46 PM
That is a big ole' dog. Mine is 5y/o and still full of puppy.
Good luck this season on them ducks. Let me know if you ever want to make a hunt up in my neck of the woods. Well, that is only if you like greenheads,greys, and pintails.

cpr1979
09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
I'll have to do that. Of course I need to wipe the dust off the 12 guage and practice a little so I don't embarrass myself.

Longhorn
09-28-2007, 02:16 AM
I was also looking at tring hunt-n-shoot out. A little further drive but I have heard all good things about it. I like the piney woods so I will prolly try them next.

Mike if you head out to Hunt n Shoot, let me know. I have been wanting to do a hunt there.

Chad

Michael
09-28-2007, 09:17 AM
I have been to the ranch 3 different times every time with success. The people that own cherokee hog hunts do not even (k)now I am posting on here.
Perfectly acceptable, then. CHH has a history of simply attempting to get free advertising, which is not the purpose of the RTDL forum. Unfortunately, sometimes even legitimate posts are looked at with a skeptical eye because of that.

I posted pics of the ranch a while back and that is when TBH was down and when it came back on they were gone along with several other posts of mine and I had to register again for some reason.
During the server move, we had to revert back to an August backup, which meant that all registrations and posts following August 6th were lost. EVERYBODY that registered after that date were required to re-register. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael

cpr1979
10-02-2007, 01:26 AM
cantexduck and longhorn- Lets see if we can get a group together and head to hunt and shoot for a weekend. I know of one other person that would be interested at the least. Mike we could get together and take my truck. Let me know what yall think

cantexduck
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
sounds good to me. What dates would work for yall? Like I said, the split of duck season will work but if another time works for yall then I can take a break from the duck killing to add some pig killing in.

cpr1979
10-02-2007, 11:59 AM
i emailed the guys at hunt and shoot for the weekend of November 30th. If they are booked they should let me know what is available, I also asked how many hunters they can take so we can get a good group together

cantexduck
10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Just let me know when they get back to you, so I can make the days down for vacation from work.

cpr1979
10-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Will do