day lease in houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day lease in houston area

Does anyone have any suggestions for a day lease in the houston area. New to the area.

Matt Family Orchard is very close to Katy, it's near Tomball off of 290. I've been out there a few times and I really enjoyed it and will be back. Hog & deer hunts are $75 a day and the owner Rick Matt is a super nice guy.

Comment

there is a place called cougar run. i know nothing about it maybe someone will chime in

Exotic game and hogs. Bow hunting or rifle in the Houston area.

Comment

HuntnShoot. No exotics but they have plenty of hogs.
        Do some research before you go to cougar run. Do a search on it here and you should find a couple write ups that we have done.

Comment

Wow, Matt Family Orchard...are there kill fees?

What is the contact information please.

Thanks,

Todd

Comment

Hogs, does and spikes are no charge but there is a charge on bucks - around $100 - $150 depending on the size or something like that.

Matt Family Orchard has figs, pears, jujube, asian pear, blackberry, persimmon, a pumpkin patch, archery, bow hunting and more!

(281) 351-7676

Comment

Is there any good bucks at that Orchard place

Comment

I'm not sure how big the bucks are there but I've seen deer on my trips. Last time was there, I had some does walk by but they never got within bow range. Also, we startled a young 6 pointer on the way to the blind.

Comment

$200/weekend unlimited hogs.

$500/weekend management buck 7 pt. or less, >120"

great accomodations.

Comment

Matt Family orchard...75.00 a day (morning and evening)...$0.00 for hogs (don't know if there is a limit)...2 Pt. to 6 PT. = $100.00 harvest fee...7 PT. or more = $175.00 harvest fee. They have a barn to clean the animals.

Comment

Matt Family Orchard has tons of hogs, remember it's a low fence place. However I've been out there the past two weekends and have taken a 70 pound boar and a 120 pound sow. I hunt out there quite a bit and have also taken a couple of does and a spike. If anyone needs any info. feel free and ask. By the way there is no limit on hogs. Rick Matt's number is 281-467-9758

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
                        there is a place called cougar run. i know nothing about it maybe someone will chime in

http://www.cougarrunranch.com/
                        Seems like I saw a thread on here last year giving them a bad review.

Comment

If you are looking for hogs go to huntnshoot. Dont waste the time or money with cougar run. They have plenty of exotics but is over priced for the size of the animals. Also the past times I have been there the hog count was so low you might see a few hogs but not many. You REALLY had to work and look just to find them.

Comment

What are you looking for as far as trophies? Im in the houston area and I can help.

Comment

Working...
                            X