Rifle Bedding Project/Tactical Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Bedding Project/Tactical Build

I am in the process of taking my stock Rem 700 SPS Varmint (.308) and trying to "accurize" it. I want to turn it into a semi-tactical gun with long-range ability.

Thus far I have replaced the plastic mold stock with a HS Precision, sent the bolt off to AZ Precision for a knob install, and I am waiting my 20 MOA base from EGW.

This past weekend I removed the trigger and cleaned-up with lighter fluid and made some trigger adjustments. I might eventually replace with a Timney, but I am going to try and tune the X-Mark Pro trigger myself. I will complete the trigger job and ensure safe fuction when I get my bolt back from AZ.

I will try to document the process along the way. I am also going to attempt to glass bed the action myself. I am waiting on the DEVON to arrive from Brownells. Below are some prep pics to get this started (prep not finished yet):
    Attached Files

I am going to jump into my 700 this summer. And this is one of the things I had planned on doing to it. Had it done a few times on other rifles, seen it done a few times, never done it, thinking about taking the plunge this summer when I had some time off. Keep us informed on how it goes. My interest is very high in this one. Details are key with something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
      I am going to jump into my 700 this summer. And this is one of the things I had planned on doing to it. Had it done a few times on other rifles, seen it done a few times, never done it, thinking about taking the plunge this summer when I had some time off. Keep us informed on how it goes. My interest is very high in this one. Details are key with something like this.
      Definitely. I will try to document the details with pics.

Comment

I'd skip the Timney and get a Jewel. I did this to my .308 couple years ago, it shoots better than I can. 2lb trigger and it makes it easy to get the shot off between 'beats.

Comment

No matter what you do to that factory trigger, it will never get as good as a Timney or a Jewell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks alot guys....I was trying to hold onto that $130 dang it!!!!!!

I have a feeling there is going to be another trigg

Comment

Update.....there is no turning back now...

Just applied the DEVCON and bedded...now it is a waiting game!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the yellow stuff?

Comment

Play-doh. You could also use modeling clay, silly putty, etc.

Comment

Be watching this one. Thanks

Comment

It worked!! I managed NOT to permanently affix my action to my stock LOL!!!!!

Now I just needs to clean up with the Dremel:
                      Attached Files

Comment

nice! can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Awesome thread dude.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeypants03 View Post
                            nice! can't wait to see the finished product!
                            Almost done....got the 6.5-20x50 Vortex in today.....the Timney trigger arrives tomorrow and I'll post pics after I install

Comment

looks pretty good

Comment

Working...
                              X