Bow Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Light

I am not able to afford a 200$ Hawg light and I've been trying to figure out a nice substitute. Well awhile back I tried my lil 9 bulb LED that used 3 AAA. that was so weak I couldn't see beyond the tip of my arrow. Weak may not be a good word.. it dispersed the light too much. I got my better half a cute lil pink light the last time I was at Office Depot for her to carry in her truck. well that thing has such a focused beam that I went today and got another one. I then attached it to my stabilizer using paracord. I went out back and took a shot. right where I was aiming at 15yds. now my question is will this Redneck Engineered light in any form or fashion screw up my bow? I'm thinkin of weight and making it off balance etc... any input is appreciated.
    Thanks

no you should be fine. sounds like you need a better light though...

Comment

the light I originally tried was trash. the one I got today is really good given it's size.

Comment

I just bought 3 150 lumen Flashlights at Costco for $20. I am planning on using one for a hog light.

Comment

i got one that chew on the sight his son josh made me works great i use it for bowfishing

Comment

There is a good thread about making a hog light. It is on pg 5 of the diy section. I just made one today with a Coleman flashlight from walmart. With the red lens on I can see my target at 40 yards. Flash light was about $20.

Comment

Originally posted by rwurz View Post
              There is a good thread about making a hog light. It is on pg 5 of the diy section. I just made one today with a Coleman flashlight from walmart. With the red lens on I can see my target at 40 yards. Flash light was about $20.
              X2 Look up this thread, it's worth it. I made mine and instead of screwing it in like a stabilizer I just tie wrapped it on to my stabilizer and it worked great. Those coleman flashlights are great just to have. We have em all over the house now!!

Comment

Originally posted by rwurz View Post
                Yea right 40 inches. Lol

Comment

Thanks I'll take a look at that thread and see about extending my range

Comment

I am thinking about using a 6" piece of pvc pipe capped off with allthread in one end to screw in the stab nut and mounting the light with a tactical light mount. All painted black of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
                      Yea right 40 inches. Lol
                      Candle with strike anywhere match. And ducktape. Hehe.

Just kidding. Rwurz. Great light you made can't wait to see it I'n action next month on some pigs.

Comment

Man you need to cut out the middle man if your having to pay $200 for a hawglite!!!!

$129 FREE shipping!

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by BOWMAN1836
                          Yea right 40 inches. Lol
                          Candle with strike anywhere match. And ducktape. Hehe.

Just kidding. Rwurz. Great light you made can't wait to see it I'n action next month on some pigs.
                          I prefer the scented ones. They seem to work better.

Comment

Comment

steamlight stylus $30, red sharpie from dollar store and three zip ties on my stabilzer shines plenty good for my bow range

Comment

Working...
                              X