PDA

View Full Version : LSBA's 2008 3-D Season

Bowwiz
09-18-2007, 10:08 PM
It has come time for the 3-D events to undergo a major overhaul. 3-D archery started in Texas in 1988,and the LSBA was the 1st organization to host regional statewide 3-D tournaments for the archers and bowhunters here in Texas.
With the popularity of other state,& nationwide 3-D organizations and with the high price of gas and travel/lodging fees,the LSBA's 3-D shoots have suffered a steady decline over the last few years.
The LSBA has recognized that its time for a major reformat/overhaul to make the 3-D shoots more affordable and time friendly for the archers here in Texas.In the past ,the regional shoots have required alot of driving and planning which has cost the archers alot of hard earned time & income, and along with conflicting with other popular state and nationwide 3-D shoots,it time for a change.
Starting the 2008 3-D season ,the regional shoots will be broken down to 3 shoots per region with a champions crowned in each region and then, "them" champions will shoot for the overall LSBA Regional Championship at the State championship.This should cut down the amount of driving time,gas,eating & motel fees associated with 3-D shooting for archers that wants to shoot the LSBA regional shoots.
Along with this change in the 3-D regional format,the rules and classes will be also revised/updated and simplified ,which should make the tournaments more exciting.
On Sept.15,2007,i agreed to take on the position as LSBA 3-D director for the duration of the 2008 & 2009, 3-D seasons and follow thru with the changes the LSBA 3-D has been needing.To those who don't know me,i'm bringing 17 years exipernece in 3-D to the LSBA.I personally have witnessed the changes in the sport over the years and understand the need for the change.
With these changes,i'm requesting that all Archery Clubs interested in hosting the new LSBA 3-D shoots to contact me at Bowwiz_2000@yahoo.com with the clubs 2008, shoot schedules and contact info.Again,We are looking for 3 archery clubs per region ,and also looking for a club interested in hosting the LSBA'S 3-D State Chamionship for the 2008 season.
I'm also looking for volunteer 3-D committee members in each region in assisting me in the operations and organization of each 3-D shoot.As alot of people know,it takes alot of manpower/time to host these 3-D events.
I strongly encourge all archery club members to become "Pro-Active" members with thier local archery clubs.Over the years,i've witnessed countless archery clubs fail due to lack of membership participation with the club 3-D events.Lets put a stop to this yall,become "Pro-active" with your local archery club,"Volunteering"-just helping in set-up & takedown of local 3-d shoots a couple times a year from club members insures the future of thier local clubs and the sport of 3-D archery in Texas.
As i take on this task of overhauling the LSBA's 3-D regional shoots,i'm asking for feedback and any suggestions from the archers here in Texas.Feel free to contact me or post here..
I'll be posting updates on these changes starting soon,stay tuned for the new LSBA 3-D Regional Archery Tournaments.
Thanks,
David Lynch aka "Bowwiz"
LSBA 3-D Director

Bowwiz
09-19-2007, 09:56 AM
ttt

Dusty Britches
09-19-2007, 10:34 AM
David - Dena asked if our club would be interested in hosting the shoot the weekend of the Expo in Bryan. Can we still host it?

Are there new 3D rules? Hopefully rules that won't bind the clubs into protests.....

Bowwiz
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Tracy,BCAC will be hosting the Expo weekend regional.
As for the rules,no,there will be No major changes,i just need to fix whats been overlooked in "Typo's" in the current rules and get them back too where theres no question on how they read as of now...
Its going to be alot of work on my part-but,i'm, very aware of other clubs rules and will keep it" to bind" with the clubs hosting.My main goal right now is getting everything/everybody on the same page.
****Again,if anyone is involved with thier local clubs and want to host a LSBA regional 3-D shoot,Please contact me ASAP!Thx,David.*****

bow5
09-19-2007, 06:57 PM
David,

I am the new 3-D director for IBA (Irving Bowhunters Association). I have been involved in the running of tournaments for a few years now. I would like some information about hosting a LSBA tournament. Can you send me a copy of the contract or what is required of the clubs?

Marty Chambers
bowfive@gmail.com

bowhuntntxn
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
way to step up marty and david. Look at texasasafederation.com for links to clubs if you need help contacting people. I really hope there are no major scheduling conflicts with other orgs such as ASA and possibly IBO. Is there a map that clearly defines the regions of the state?? That would be good to see. David, I will be in touch with you later for more info.

aggie2000tx
09-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Way to go Wiz. I look forward to shooting some of these events and helping in any way that I can. I have wanted to shoot some of these but they were all in South Texas so this format will work better. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Bowwiz
09-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm not ignoring the emails yall,i'm still compaling info.....

BigL
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
David - I can't promise I'll be there every weekend but you know my number and I will definitely help out when I can. I don't know who will be president or tournament director for Austin next year but if they are willing to host it, I will help out again. Maybe next year Nickolas won't be running a 103 fever and I'll be able to be out there the whole weekend.

tinman
10-06-2007, 09:16 AM
bowhuntntxn - the LSBA Regions are defined by the first two digits of your (or the clubs) zip code. In other words, Dallas area members/clubs would be Region 75, Tarrant County members are in Region 76, Houston area - Region 77, etc....hope that helps.

Marty - it would be huge for the host club and the org to have an annual LSBA Regional right on the border of Regions 75 & 76 as long as the timing with other BIG events was right, thanks for your interest on behalf of the Irving Bowhunters Association.

Thanks for stepping up, 'wiz.

Bowwiz
10-19-2007, 06:53 PM
*****I'm still looking for anyone who knows if thier archery clubs have the schedules written for the 2008 3-D season please >>>---->
Contact me at bowwiz_2000@yahoo.com
Thanks David

BigL
10-20-2007, 04:39 PM
David - calling you now for dates at AAC.

Rchr
10-21-2007, 02:10 AM
David,
Our club (Golden Eagle Field Archers,www.texasgefa.com) in La Feria Texas{the Rio Grande Valley}) would be interested in making a 3D shoot, we asked since 2006 but couldn't get in. We also have a lot of shooters coming in from Mexico and we even talked with them about putting on a Mexico vs Texas team competition. They said they were very interested. (If you've never gone to one of their shoots, they put on quite a show).

Bowwiz
12-26-2007, 10:45 AM
*****I'm still looking for anyone who knows if thier archery clubs have the schedules written for the 2008 3-D season please >>>---->
Contact me at bowwiz_2000@yahoo.com
Thanks David

Any archery clubs in E.Texas left?I'm also looking for interested clubs in N.Texas.Thanks David

Artemis
12-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Our 2008 shoot schedule is as follows. The only dates I am not positive about are the ones for June. I need to check and see if the dates should be for the weekend of the 21st-22nd instead (weekend of the 4th Sunday as opposed to 4th weekend). Our President is out of town at the moment and I need to double check with him to see if he wants to try to hold the LSBA shoot this year. Please keep us in mind and I will be back as soon as I speak with him.

January 26, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
January 27, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
February 23, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
February 24, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
March 22, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
March 23, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
April 26, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
April 27, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
May 24, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
May 25, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
June 28, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
June 29, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
July 26, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
July 27, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
August 23, 2008 - 3-D Shoot
August 24, 2008 - 3-D Shoot

Bowwiz
12-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Anyone know if any clubs are left in E.Texas-Tyler,Athens area?

Bowwiz
12-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone?

Bowwiz
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Any other archery clubs interested in hosting a LSBA regional shoot out there?
So far,
Brazos County Archery Club,Canyon Lake Archery Club, & Austin Archery Club have shown interest.The clubs i've contacted across texas have yet to get back with me.
If any clubs are interested,please contact me ASAP..
Support the LSBA 3-D!

Davik
01-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Huaco Bowmen MIGHT be interested...I'd want to see the rules and regs first...contact me at 254-541-0942 Dave

Rchr
01-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Bowwiz,
I replied on post 13 and you posted on 14 right below, and I also sent you an email back in October and you never got back with me. We are interested. We are interested. We are interested. Let me put it to you this way we are having a pretty good 3D shoot and if the LSBA wants they can come in and have some fun.

Rchr

P.S. We are interested in making a 3D shoot.

Strummer
01-06-2008, 05:23 PM
wiz do you have any updates on the rule changes ?

Bowwiz
01-07-2008, 03:24 PM
-Javier,i sent you a email and my phone number,please call me..
-Strummer,i'm still trying to slove a small issue with changing the rules.Over all-theres only going to be a few changes in the rules.

To everyone interested in the LSBA 3-D shoots:
Back in Sept,i posted the new 3-D format that was in plans for 2008.3 shoots per region,5 regions,15 shoots total,...is Not going to happen this year.Its going to take alot longer than 3 monthes too get this format off the ground and running by myself.We need Archery Clubs! For it appears, that alot of the archery clubs are struggling to get by now days- due to lack of club member partipation.Get proactive with your local archery club.They truly need help if we want to have Archery Clubs/3-D in the future.Lets stop Texas Archery Clubs from closing.
Also,With the high costs of fuel and lodging,i had hoped to eliminate alot of driving for those who want shoot the LSBA regionals.Hopefully next year this will happen.
I've been in contact with 2 really great clubs that have not been on the LSBA shoot shedule before,and i'm still waiting for replies on shoot dates that i requested from them. I'm really trying hard not to have a LSBA shoot the same time as Texas ASA shoots or on the Stick Bow round up shoot in Chester. *There will be some falling on these ASA shoots,Sorry.

The 3-D shoot schedule will be finalized soon and posted.
I look forward to meeting everyone who shoots 3-D this year!
>>>------>Now that i have internet again here at my new place,i'm working hard to get back at all these emails i've recieved..Bare with me,Please.
Thanks David

smokin feathers
01-08-2008, 03:09 PM
We are starting a new shoot in Polk co. Might be a little rough at the start, but would be interested.

Bowwiz
01-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Smokin feathers,is this the same club hosting the Stick Bow round-up?
Please email me some contact info on the club.
Thanks David

Bowwiz
01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Rchr,that "Texas vs. Mexico Challenge" sure sounds interesting!

smokin feathers
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
no it is gonna be totally different and in a different location. I layed it out this morning and am gonna start clearing lanes this weekend. The targets have been ordered, all Mckenzie's. I have not worked on a schedule yet, but plan to start in march and go through sept.

SPUD
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey Mike, what day have you thought about shooting? Sat or Sun

Incognito
01-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Anyone know if any clubs are left in E.Texas-Tyler,Athens area?

Tyler had shoots last year. Have not heard about this year yet. Hope they do.

Bowwiz
01-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks Inco-Yes,Tyler, is still going.I found out, they are having a fundraiser shoot on Aug,24 for the LSBA!

Clint
02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Good luck to you David. You are a glutten for punishment, Aren't you?

:)