Dumpster Pit Blind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumpster Pit Blind ?

I have found several 3 yard used dumpsters for sale @$150. each.Has anyone made a pit blind from a dumpster? Seems like it would make a good one.Any input guys?

Would it rust out quick? They are fairly thin steel. cool idea though.

Comment

I would think it could work well. Maybe spray it in and out with an undercoating to prevent rust and quite it down some. Maybe cut the floor out and just use the walls? Good luck and post some pictures!

Comment

I bet they stink!

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
          I would think it could work well. Maybe spray it in and out with an undercoating to prevent rust and quite it down some. Maybe cut the floor out and just use the walls? Good luck and post some pictures!
          flip it up side down?

I agree with undercoating... I think it wouldnt be a bad idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            I bet they stink!
            True that. You'd probably be best off just figuring to sandblast and repaint with rust inhibitive paint. Could probably do that faster than cleaning up and touching up paint. I would dig the hole bigger than the dumpster and put a few inches of gravel under it then fill in some more gravel around the sides. Quick drainage would probably do more to prevent rust than anything you could do to the dumpster itself.

Comment

What about snakes? Might not have to worry during the season, but copperheads love areas like that especially in the summer months...

Comment

id be concerned about the smell...

Comment

I would just power wash it and put a spray on bedliner material on it. As long as its washed and sealed somehow, I doubt the smell would be an issue.

Comment

I would think there would be a heck of an echo inside

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                      I would think there would be a heck of an echo inside
                      as long as dirt outside is compact against the sides and you use a bedliner on the inside too i think it would get a good damper on the echo. i would love to hear how it goes if you do.

Comment

Merely a suggestion and you might already know this, but before you apply any coating to help prevent corrosion, weld you some rod in several spots, or whatever you may have that will work, to the outside that sticks straight out a foot or so. Then when you backfill it will work as anchors and your blind will not float up.

Comment

never thought of that, sounds like a pretty good idea

Comment

Working...
                          X