PDA

View Full Version : Huan Ranch

sghill
08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Has anyone been there and have a report.

Here's there website.

http://www.captainterry.com/HaunRanch/

ptlmg
08-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Never been there, but looking at the website, it don't look too bad. Let me know if your gonna give it a ride. Don't say much for archery, but maybe they can make some exceptions.

sghill
08-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I've sent him an email. He does have stands setup for bow hunters.

Deer716
08-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Take a pop up

william
08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Yes I have hunted there its a great place what are you going to hunt?

bearslayer
08-03-2007, 06:07 AM
how is the whitetail hunting on the ranch?

sghill
08-03-2007, 07:00 AM
I'd like to go for whitetail. Hogs are a secondary.

william
08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
He has several of those Hog lights set up and there was plenty of whitetails. I was there this spring hunting turkey and if was raining all weekend so the turkey hunting was not that good. We were also bow hunting out of our ground blinds. If you are bow hunting I would say take your ground blind because I do not think he has too many tree stands for Bowhunters. Terry is a great guy and the lodging is great. This is a photo of the game room area.

BigJoe
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Terry is a good guy indeed. I was there this past April of 2007.. and my son and I had a blast! We didnt see alot of turkey..he said that most of the flocks had moved down stream but he is a great guy and his place is great for bowhunting. Take an ATV guys..it will help tremendously!

On the last day I was there...I was able to bring in this awesome Tom that was way up in the field across the fence on the other ranch...ran in to my decoy...then came is slowly...then right at dark..took off into the creek bottoms!!! That same day earlier...saw a bunch of hogs in the field also...most of them weighing over 200 pounds. He has about 8 feeders set up spreading corn all year. I literally walked to the whole ranch. I also seen alot of deer. Its in the early spring...so I know most of those deer hadnt starting growing any antlers yet..but a lot of deer activity. The lodging is great...coutry style...laid back place and Terry is very helpful. He goes to check on you every night to make sure you are OK or if he could offer any advise. He also has guided hunts..which I will do next year. His hunts used to be very cheap...they have gone up in the past year. Overall...good place!

sghill
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Has anybody hunted Haun Ranch this season.