PDA

View Full Version : Smoked a doe (Comal Co.)

BuckySWT
12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Rage 2 blade. quartering away. shot came out right behind front shoulder. Was on the ground. She came out 15 min after I got to the ground blind, along with about 12 other does. She clearly was the oldest and took the next 20 min slapping azz and pinning her ears back at all the younguns. Moving around too much to get a decent shot, and when she stopped, she was behind the mesh. The all wandered off, and 10 min later...out she came.

Finally moved into the right spot and I drew...and then...another doe blew from way behind me. She popped up and commenced with a 3 min staredown. I thought I was going to DIE my shoulder and back hurt so bad. Arms were shaking bad. She finally put her head down and took a step, and I let it fly. She ducked a little, but the shot was still ok from what I could tell (looks higher on pic than it really is). Hit about an inch above center line.

She ran down the road and stopped to look around. Took about 10 steps into the high grass and keeled over.

Waited 15 min and went and got her...red bubbly blood coming out of both sides. So...high lung hit. Zero blood due to the high hit except right before she went down...but short recovery anyway

Tally: 1 spork (3 point spike) and 1 old boss doe.

Heading south Fri. night to go after that big 10 one more time. He's still coming around...buddy saw him late sat night. First time he's seen this buck live and he crapped in his pants.

Celebrated with a bowl of chili (no beans), crackers and a cold beer. Life is good.

ajavelina
12-12-2010, 08:24 PM
congrats

mason bowhunter
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
;)bNice job!

LastHurrah
12-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Nice job!

Bisch
12-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Congrats!

Bisch

rtarcher
12-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Congratulations! Chili was just the way I like it.

Todd

2B4Him
12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Way to go! Congrats.

NYBowman
12-14-2010, 11:55 AM
good job keeping that freezer full