PDA

View Full Version : Boazman's Bowhunting

Guajalote
07-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Hunted Boazman's outside of D'hanis last weekend. Yes, we did have 17" of rain, but still managed three hunts. We had no idea the extent of the flooding in town until Sunday. The accommodations are plenty good for a weekend hunt, they have camphouse w/ bunks/bathroom/shower along w/ a large barn w/ a travel trailer inside. We opted for the travel trailer to have the covered barn to keep us out of the rain... There was three of us hunting for the weekend, we all had plenty shots on pigs. I shot a small 40 lb'er for meat Friday evening, and passed plenty of other shots waiting on a big boar that never quite made into range. Another guy we were with shot three pigs all around 125-150 lbs. and a huge 24" blackbuck antelope (he paid for the exotic hunt). There is a caliche road that the ranch owner corns each evening and the animals follow right in. There are several tripods and ladder stands you can hunt, landowner doesn't care if you move them if you want a better/different location. Sat. PM I took the video camera out and got some great footage of some super axis bucks and two 250 lb. boars fighting. Sunday I had axis, blackbuck, corsicans, black hawiians, whitetail, and audad all w/in 7 yards feeding along the road... It was quite exciting to have that much action so close. Landowner is good to deal with, he only let us hunt certain areas due to the rain, but that was understandable as 1/2 the ranch was under water ... There is definitely no shortage of pork on this place, whether you want to shoot one or a bunch, plus see a ton of other game, I would go back and hunt there again. He also has a trap that he catches pigs in and lets them into a 20 acre "pen" that he intends for hunters to spot and stalk in... He's in the process of thinning the areas out, the brush was so thick we had difficulty seeing the pigs until they broke right in front of us and shagged... It does provide good midday action and a little thrill w/ close range piggies.. This was the first "weekend" pay hunt I've been on but I'd defintely go back.

white devil
07-27-2007, 11:40 PM
sounds like you had a great time.congrats! do they have a web site?

MA ELite
07-28-2007, 10:35 AM
I second this place. I will be heading back in Aug. for some piggie action. In a 3 day hunt I saw at least 200 pigs. Did get a few also. I shoot at one that was about 250 but missed. Very good place and highly recommended.

takoma
07-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Good to hear the hunt went well considering all the rain. I was eager to hear that all were safe with D'hanis flooding out. How did you manage to combat the barrage of mosquitoes ?

here is the website:
whitedevil : http://www.boazmanbowhunting.com/

white devil
07-28-2007, 04:04 PM
thanks takoma.

cpr1979
07-29-2007, 11:30 PM
takoma lets get a trip. I'm interested in an exotic hunt but want to check it out and stick some pigs

takoma
07-30-2007, 10:20 AM
CPR1979 ---- Hell ya ! Right now trying to gather a couple hunters for the last weekend of August to head up to Boazmans. It would be Friday the 31st- to the next day Sat - Sept 1st.

I'm too amped up to wait any longer for the cooler weather ;) I need one last fix before the fall ! haha

So far it looks like cantexduck and myself,... then possible one of his buddies.. trying to see if switchback is available as well.

Going to call the lease owner in an hour and see how that weekend looks for a possible 4.

I'll post later with the conclusion to that discussion.

carlos

takoma
07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Called doug--- He's in Mexico untill tomarow. I'll post what he tells me about that last weekend of August !

~ c

takoma
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
CPR1979--- Heard back from Doug @ Boazmans. He stated to check out his website and print out the reservation and release form. Send this in as well as the deposit and he will reserve that weekend.

cpr1979
07-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Takoma- Unfourtanately thats the weekend we have a bay fishing trip planned for my buddies birthday. I'm going to have to reschedule. Would really enjoy sharing a fire with you in the future. I'm going to see if I can book the weekend after that or the weekend the 22nd. Also I'm thinking of doing the exotic hunt. being I've neer been there is there a good opprotunity of getting a shot on a black buck or axis at this place. I've heard lots of good things but just wanted to check. All info is appreciated and thanks fo rthe invite. Maybe we can get a cooler weather hog hunt set up in the near future!

huntquest
07-31-2007, 11:37 PM
We are headed to Boazman's in October, I think it will be a great time!:D

Bigbear
08-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Booking a hunt there first thing in the morning. Looking forward to it.:D :D

cpr1979
08-04-2007, 12:33 AM
I've got a hunt booked there sept 22nd. Can someone give me some pointers on getting a blackbuck. All help is appreciated

Wydnar
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
The best way i found to hunt Blackbuck is to find a pile of their "excrement" and sit within range. They tend to use the same place regularly. Worked for me!

cpr1979
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I'll try that. Leaving in the morning!

kellyg
09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
How did the hunt go cpr1979?

cpr1979
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Posted a report kelly. we had a good hunt

Wydnar
09-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Did you try My advice?

cpr1979
09-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Yes and I came up empty handed. I wrote a report just below this one on our hunt