shooting at 50+ yards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shooting at 50+ yards

what size spot yall shooting at when shooting longer distance? i have a .019 pin but when im shooting at my 2-3" dots, the pin still covers up nearly 2 dots on my bag target. im bout to cover the bag with a 5-6" dot for when i shoot 50+ yards

Get a small package of 6 inch paper plates. Spray paint them black and use a wooden golf-T to pin one to the center of your target bag/block.

Comment

I can put the arrows within inches of each other at 50 yards. I dont really see a spot, just aim as center of the target as I can... (black target with faded white spots)...

Comment

Originally posted by JBS View Post
        Get a small package of 6 inch paper plates. Spray paint them black and use a wooden golf-T to pin one to the center of your target bag/block.
        yep

Comment

this is a good idea... I will have to do this next time I care to target practice that far.

Comment

.010 pin

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
              .010 pin
              i thought hard about that one, i have never seen a .010 on a bow so i went with a .019 cause i was worried about trouble seeing it in low light. now that i have a .019 i kinda wish id went .010 id still like to see someones bow with one on there.

Comment

good idea i may also cover the bag first with an old white t-shirt to cover the rest of the dots. im gonna see if you can get the kids 6" birthday plates that are already colored blue or red or something.

Comment

I shoot 4" but it makes NO DIFFERENCE. The center of a 24" dot is the exact same size as the center of this period "."

Comment

Usually a 3x5 card, eyes are getting to where I can barely make out the dots on a full size Morrel bag

And I shoot a .019 pin

Click image for larger version

Name:	50bag2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	23962613

Comment

I shoot an orange ping pong ball hanging on a string laying against the bag target.It shows up very well even out to 100yds.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                        I shoot an orange ping pong ball hanging on a string laying against the bag target.It shows up very well even out to 100yds.

soemtimes I get tired of shooting the spots and stick leaves in between the layers.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                          .010 pin
                          yep bottom 2 are these.

Comment

I am getting old and I am making the transition to .010. I use 4" dots 50-80 yards with .019 pins now.

Comment

I shoot the sac off a bull mosquito at 200yrds with a slingshot!

Comment

Working...
                              X