Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow rack ideas??

Gentlemen and ladies...

I'm looking for ideas for a bowrack for an every other weekend fun shoot we have up here at a buddy's house. I'd like it to be able to hold about 8-10 bows like a clothes rack and sit on a concrete shop floor. It can't be huge but we do have plenty of space in his shop. We stand in the back garage door space to shoot at the numerous targets at different ranges. Right now we are shooting and then laying them across our individual chairs. Makes for a possible bad situation.

I'm thinking of some type of frame with several of the bowhooks hanging straight down so we can easily hang them on and pull them off .........or something of that nature..

Give me a day or two, I will come up with something.

Comment

Jason,
      We have some simple ones made of pvc at the range....they fold up...and they hold the bows like a cradle...I'll go take some pics a little later..pm your email addy

Comment

Originally posted by dr. death View Post
        Jason,
        We have some simple ones made of pvc at the range....they fold up...and they hold the bows like a cradle...I'll go take some pics a little later..pm your email addy

Thanks Darrell......pm sent....

Comment

pm sent back attcha

Comment

Bolt a 2x4 on the ceiling, and put the rubber-coated "J" hooks from Home Depot 1 foot apart, I have a bunch of them in my garage and hang my bows and other hunting gear up high and have the space under it still open, don't have to worry about somebody knocking into the bows. Not fancy, but works and cheap. If the ceiling is too high, drop it down with a couple 2x4s to the height you want.

Get fancy, put people's names on each hook with a magic marker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              Bolt a 2x4 on the ceiling, and put the rubber-coated "J" hooks from Home Depot 1 foot apart, I have a bunch of them in my garage and hang my bows and other hunting gear up high and have the space under it still open, don't have to worry about somebody knocking into the bows. Not fancy, but works and cheap. If the ceiling is too high, drop it down with a couple 2x4s to the height you want.

Get fancy, put people's names on each hook with a magic marker.
              Thanks Bill for the suggestion..I have a similar setup in my garage.....but with a 20 foot shop ceiling, that's gonna take a helluva 2x4 to drop it down....

Comment

Here is mine for my backyard. It only hold two like this, but you could make it in a + shepe up top to hold 4 bows, then mount it to a plow disc or something for a base.

Comment

smart get you couple set of work horses. set them apart far enough so the bows rest between the horses.

that way you can move the horses to where need them and they store easy

Comment

12 foot pieces of gas pipe?
                    Attach it to a wall?
                    Keep it simple.

Comment

Bow hanger

I made one for my back yard. Took a 12 ft 3/4 in PVC pipe, cut one section at 6 feet. Took a T connector and cut the other 6 foot section and cut in half. Glued the piece together to make a large T and screwed in a few metal hooks. Will hold approx 3 to 4 on each side. I stuck mine in the ground but you could take a 5 gallon bucket and fill with quick cement and put in the pole for the garage.

Comment

Jason,
                        I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
                          Jason,
                          I'll post some pics tomorrow.
                          Looking forward to it......

Comment

Working...
                          X