Mineral question for the brain trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mineral question for the brain trust

I am wanting to supplement minerals for my herd, and was thinking the mineral blocks at the feed stores would be a great addition, but my dad had some questions as to whether the block minerals at the feed store were the same as what deer needed, and if not where can I find a block style mineral for my deer. Thanks Justin

I use trace mineral blocks and the deer use them, mainly in the summer. I have heard reports (and am experimenting now) that the trophy rock draws deer better than the cattle blocks.

Comment

Why not buy minerals by the sack and feed it in a tire feeder on the ground....most deer blocks will attract every animal around to eat it but of the molasses/corn content....

Comment

Here's a mineral block feeder that works very well. Load three blocks and they fall as they are consumed. Hog and other non-target species proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
          I use trace mineral blocks and the deer use them, mainly in the summer. I have heard reports (and am experimenting now) that the trophy rock draws deer better than the cattle blocks.

I have heard that too, but they are small and just didnt think they were worth 11 bucks to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Fever Pursuit View Post
            Here's a mineral block feeder that works very well. Load three blocks and they fall as they are consumed. Hog and other non-target species proof.
            http://www.plateauwildlife.com/prote...ck-feeder.html
            I like this idea. Might have to do a DIY version soon.

br

Comment

Originally posted by Fever Pursuit View Post
              http://www.plateauwildlife.com/prote...ck-feeder.html
              500 dollars for that!!! haha get serious, thats the biggest rip off I have seen

Comment

Just go get you a 50lbs bag of loose mineral and the deer will certainly hit it. I would suggest something like Dumars Spring Mineral or try a trophy rock.

Comment

i have trophy rock by each one of my feeders

Comment

Trophy Rocks work great. I have them scattered along the general path i want the deer to travel. Deer really like 'em. I've not seen any evidence that cows bother them.

Comment

I like the trophy rock. Our cows hammer them though.

Comment

I bought a ton of trophy rocks early in the year when the Tractor Supply in Decatur dumped them for $2 a peice.. I've been using them since maybe March and my deer hit them daily..So do my cows and the pigs..

Comment

Working...
                        X