PDA

View Full Version : Attractant for corn?

tipitina
11-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Any good attractant recipes? Syrup? Kool Aid? Looking for something to mix with corn.

Bowhuntamistad
11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Hog Wild has worked real good for us. The deer love it, its like drugs to them.The hogs smell it a long ways off and will clean it up by the time I get back for the morning hunt.

bowtex57
11-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Pears and Acorns. My buddy does yard work and picks up alot of acorns. We spot some pear trees every now and then. Pick up the juicy ones from the ground and chop up in a 5 gal bucket, then add corn and put out for had feed. The deer love it

TimHicks
11-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Black Gold...www.Wildboarusa.com

codpopper
02-04-2010, 12:24 AM
whats wrong with just corn?

Big_gun
02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Chicken fried steak and mashed taters?

Bowtechlady
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Is it for hogs? If so, couple cans of beer in a 5 gallon bucket with corn and topped off with water. Let it set for a few days and sour and it is the best attractant for hogs. You can pour it on the ground or pour it in the pig pipes and let them chow down.

I have also heard about doing the same thing with corn in a bucket and mixing in some flavored jello packets too but I have never done this.

If you can afford it, hog wild is the best over the counter that we have found for hogs.

If it is for deer, just buy the apple flavored corn.

Years ago, they used to have some peanut flavoring that you could add into the corn in the feeder. Does anyone else remember that stuff? It worked good too because when the feeder went off the spinner would spin the corn and dispense the peanut powder. It smelled good and it really drew the deer in. I have not seen it for years but it did work.

Sparkles
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Seagrams7 and rasberry jello let soak with water for a few days. Really smells nice.

bowhntrmatt
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I've tried dozens of concoctions for hogs, homemade and OTC.

I honestly haven't found anything that consistently seems to work better than plain ol' corn.

KZ
02-06-2010, 06:59 PM
just corn

Sippy
02-07-2010, 01:01 PM
corn, cheap beer and raspberry jello for hogs, pour sorn and beer in a bucket and let ferment for about 4 days, dig a hole and pour in beer and corn mix. cover with jello powder adn sprinkle a little dirt on top

hogwrasler
02-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Take you some corn and soak it in water to sour a but then mix it up with some raspberry jam and tutti fruity snow cone syrup, grape works good also. Soak it in that for about 3-5 days in a sealed container in the sun to activate those bacteria. Get ya a scoop and sling it out in there new rutting areas and they will show for that sweet smelling goodness.

I like to use a 55gal black plastic drum for this they seal great and easy to transport.

EEBowHunter
02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
chicken fried steak and mashed taters?

Lol
:D

tipitina
02-16-2010, 11:10 AM
talk about a post back from the dead!!!

Mike Murphey
02-16-2010, 12:59 PM
The longer you let corn soak in water the better...I feel that at least a month to get hte corn good and soured works best.....as you take some corn out add more to keep you in a supply of it....This time of year with the cold weather may take more time....in the middle of summer two to three weeks will do it....some folks add beer for the yeast but you really don't need to add anything except water as the corn soaks it up....

Head Hunter
02-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Go get some Rice bran at a feed mill. Some of the high dollar attractants like c'mere deer use rice bran as a carrier and I was told it is what is attracting the deer not the crap that is added by a man in the business.

OrangeBlood
02-16-2010, 04:20 PM
for hogs...diesel

wmoon
11-12-2010, 08:59 PM
garlic powder mixed with the corn. they find it quick.

bdavid1020
11-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Years ago, they used to have some peanut flavoring that you could add into the corn in the feeder. Does anyone else remember that stuff? It worked good too because when the feeder went off the spinner would spin the corn and dispense the peanut powder. It smelled good and it really drew the deer in. I have not seen it for years but it did work.

Yeah I use to get it a walmart in a gallon jug and then they just stopped saleing it...That stuff was awesome

themiller5
11-16-2010, 09:37 AM
hogs love diesel soaked corn

Marshmadness20
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I poured some old keg beer in a 5 gallon bucket with corn, added a bottle of strawberry daiquiri mix I found, cut up some apples and put a bottle of vanilla in there then finally added these cherrys in this juice we had. It sat in my garage most of last year and in a barn all summer. That stuff is POTENT. It has a kind of sweet stank pigs love it.

dangerous dan
11-17-2010, 10:13 AM
My lease is on 100 acres with 4 hunters and 4 corn feeders. Would love to find something that makes my corn the prefered corn..LOL

bucksnducks
11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I've had success with maple syrup, peanut butter and whole raw peanuts mixed together until its like a thick soup. I then put the mixture in one of those giant Sam's Club peanut butter jar hang it near my corn feeder and then punch holes in the bottom big enough for the peanuts to fall out. Deer have been destroying it. As far as corn i just pour vanilla in as I pour the corn. Deer seem to like that.

Badboypfg
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
for hogs...diesel

Diesel ? the stuff that goes in trucks ? They eat that ?

Sippy
11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Diesel ? the stuff that goes in trucks ? They eat that ?

yep even improves their coat and keeps the ticks off;)b

Chuy
11-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Hog wild. corn. koolaid. FTW!

if for hogs

hog wild. corn. koolaid. diesel. let it rot for a week. then spread.

Storm
11-22-2010, 05:27 PM
" BLACK GOLD " gets my vote something about females wanting to breed is better than food!!

matthews killa
11-23-2010, 08:48 AM
for Hogs...tack a small piece of carpet to a tree about the hight of the hog's back and soak it with burnt motor oil. They will return day after day to rub against it!

Txbhunter1
11-23-2010, 08:54 AM
For hog, boxed jello. Cheap and works great. For deer, Wildgames "Feeder Fire". I have witnessed deer walk past corn to get to this stuff when I first tried it. Now it is added to my feeders everytime they get refilled. It is an additive for corn and does not swell like other pellets. It is apple flavored and I have found it only at Academy.

Bowtechlady
11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
for Hogs...tack a small piece of carpet to a tree about the hight of the hog's back and soak it with burnt motor oil. They will return day after day to rub against it!

Interesting--never heard of that

RubenZ7
12-01-2010, 01:14 PM
2 raspberry jellos, 2 liter of BigRed, and 1 50lb bag of corn.

bigsteve
12-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Ya'll are making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!

RaginCagin
12-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I thought corn was an attractant?

BTW just use magic dust.

gabeo
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
i had heard of the carpet thing from a friend so i gave it a try put a trail cam just to see man they love it i have a trail from my feeder to the carpet. i see hogs there that i have not seen at the feeder

ole boy
12-09-2010, 06:21 PM
hogs love diesel soaked corn

Yes they do

ptwohig
12-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Cheetos! just cant run them through the feeder!

lescobarz
12-09-2010, 09:09 PM
at my lease in freer we tried hog wild, pig out and nothing worked ecxept sugar water and corn, deer and hogs love it!!

Hafernick
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I'll keep the seagrams and the beer, I don't want to kill hogs that bad!

Shane
12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Apple-flavored Buck Jam poured over a pile of corn gets 'em coming in just about as good as a pile of corn does on its own. :D They do paw a hole in the ground after the corn is gone, licking up the Buck Jam though.

A week or two ago I tried some brown liquid Deer Cane syrup. It was still sitting there, corn and all a week later. They didn't like it, apparently.

Swat791
12-11-2010, 10:14 AM

Just get a bag of peanuts, with hulls, from the store and put them in a food processor...that's all that stuff was. Moultrie had it in a plastic jug with a red lid.

SnJGuin
12-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I heard this from my friend. Take peppermint candy and add it to corn and then add water. Let it sit and occasionally stir it. Then at the lease pour it on an old trunk or even on the ground. So i tried and sure enough I had hogs within a few hours that morning. Wasn't hunting hogs but hey.. That night I got a great 8 point on that peppermint corn too... This year by brother is trying strawberry jello packets...

MUZZYSLINGR
12-14-2010, 01:25 PM
I have had good sucess with whole corn, rice bran, rasberry jello powder, and a sprinkling of red diesel on the mix.

MUZZYSLINGR
12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Im gonna have to try the peppermint recipie.