Last 2 days at Diamond C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last 2 days at Diamond C

I spent the last two days at the Diamond C in Caddo, TX. I booked the 3 animal exotic hunt and hunted hard for two days (12+ hours each day) with no success. I did put a poor shot on a hog that was not recovered.

Skylar is a good dude and did his best to put me on some critters but it just didn't happen. I would be lying if I said I wasn't dissappointed but I do believe that Diamond C is a solid operation.

Accomodations at Diamond C are basic but more than adequate.

I saw plenty of Axis and some blackbuck and we saw Aoudad once or twice while we were driving. Sadly nothing came into bow range. Its a tough pill to swallow to pay the money and come away empty handed but thats how it goes on a day lease I guess. I will be checking out some other options in the future but would not hesitate to recommend Diamond C to others.

That's bow huntin on a day lease. All you can ask for is a chance and that the operators work hard and help you out.

Did the weather play a role in you hunt?

Better luck next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
      That's bow huntin on a day lease. All you can ask for is a chance and that the operators work hard and help you out.

Did the weather play a role in you hunt?

Better luck next time.

I think it probably did play a role. There was quite a bit or rain during the time I was there and it would definitely stand to reason that the animals would be less active as a result.

Comment

It was a hard weekend, and I am truly sorry you didnt kill anything.

Comment

Sorry you didn't get anything. that's always hard, but will tell you that Skylar will do everything in his power to put you on an animal ... he just is not able to do anything about the weather ... yet ... I'm sure he's workin on it though ... lol.
          I went out there for a day hog hunt & only stayed 3 MAYBE 4 hours & had to leave 'cuz I killed my pig & that was all I got (that's what I paid for) & we were covered up in pigs & saw just about everything on the place while I was there, BUT the weather was nice. Hope next time you go back you get somethin!!

Comment

There are definitely some nice animals there. I saw several axis bucks that I think would go over 30 inches. Strangely experiences like this make me want to hunt more and not less haha.

Comment

I know that exact feeling. I just had to accept the fact that I was paying for the hunt experience and not just the kill. It is a tough one to swallow. Sorry to hear it Brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                I know that exact feeling. I just had to accept the fact that I was paying for the hunt experience and not just the kill. It is a tough one to swallow. Sorry to hear it Brother.
                A great point.

Comment

man i really wanna get up there and get a blackbuck my tophy room needs one !!

Comment

Originally posted by bigtuna View Post
                    I spent the last two days at the Diamond C in Caddo, TX. I booked the 3 animal exotic hunt and hunted hard for two days (12+ hours each day) with no success. I did put a poor shot on a hog that was not recovered.

Skylar is a good dude and did his best to put me on some critters but it just didn't happen. I would be lying if I said I wasn't dissappointed but I do believe that Diamond C is a solid operation.

Accomodations at Diamond C are basic but more than adequate.

I saw plenty of Axis and some blackbuck and we saw Aoudad once or twice while we were driving. Sadly nothing came into bow range. Its a tough pill to swallow to pay the money and come away empty handed but thats how it goes on a day lease I guess. I will be checking out some other options in the future but would not hesitate to recommend Diamond C to others.
                    I've been hunting hogs and exotics since 1990 at various ranches in your wonderful state of Texas. Most of the time I have been successful but not always. Like has been mentioned before that's a chance you take when you hunt a day lease ranch. Another option is a no kill - no pay ranch which is usually more money but your success is greater. I never complain about a hunt if I see animals even if they are not in range. Sometimes things don't workout because of weather, etc. Good luck on your next hunt!

Comment

Sorry about not fillin the tags. Skylar is a great dude and he busts his tail to get you on the critters. I can't wait till I get to go back to the Diamond C!

Comment

I think everyone on here is in agreement that Skylar's operation is top notch. If you are successful every single time you go hunting then the challenge and the fun would eventually go away. That's just my opinion. I just spent 4 days of hard hunting at Bowhunter's Paradise and not once did I have a shooter in front of me...of any species! But I had a great time and it's gonna make the next time I hunt even better. and like you, I'd recommend Diamond C to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X