Triple Edge Archery Shoot Saturday 6/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Edge Archery Shoot Saturday 6/9

Triple Edge Archery in Dayton is having a shoot this Saturday (9th) at the shop. It will be a combination of indoor and outdoor targets. Start times will be from 9 to 2.

Jay

How did this go was the turn out good ? What were some of the scores .

Sounds like a great idea just wish I would have been in town to shoot .

Comment

It actually went pretty well, turnout was about what we expected for no more than we advertised it. Since this was our first one, I wanted to keep the first one small to see how manageable it was because the pro shop opens at 12:00 and I didn't know how tough it would be to run the shop and the tournament at the same time. Thanks to our regular customers who stepped up and ran the tournament for us.

We're probably going to tweak the format a little before next month but I think most people had a good time. We'll also cook out on future tournaments and give gift certificates as prizes if we can get at least 40 people to shoot. Pins were awarded for this tournament on 1st - 3rd place..

17 archers showed up and we divided them into 3 categories. Youth, Novice and Advanced. There was a mistake in the youth category where I wanted under sixteen but shooters were registered 16 and under instead and the winner probably should have been in the Novice class. Also, the winner of the Novice would have placed 2nd or 3rd in advanced so he'll move up too.

We're planning on having this 2nd Saturday every month up until hunting season and then resuming again in Feb or March next year.

I apologize if this is a violation of terms for TBH as I try not to promote retail sales of my store through this website. However, since this is a fun shoot that helps grow archery in East Houston I'm hoping this information is appreciated and seen as informational rather than self promotional.

Thanks,
      Sam

P.S. Also, there is an optional long shot competition.

Comment

Good job Sam, Kevin and I are talking about needing to get back in there and do some shooting we have both been busy with other things. I also have a picture to put up on your wall of my Black buck that I got down at the Double L. See ya soon.

Comment

Good to hear it turned out good Sam, will make the next one. Hated to miss this one, but had to get some work done at the lease.

Jay

Comment

Was looking for you Jay, we thought you were going to be there. It was a good time and we talked afterwards about ways to make it even better next time. Glad you could get to the lease and get some things done. I have two leases that I need to get to and do some work real soon. Gonna try and hit one of them next weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X