X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$95.00 flashilight for $10.00

I'm gonna have to give this one a try.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/581888...ashlight_hack/

That's nice to know, since I lost my streamlight.

Comment

Let us know if that works or not.. If even worth to toss my Sufire away..

sure would be good cheap way to have a hunting flashlight.

Comment

That's not possible for $10. You'll tie up $6 for each of the batteries (#123) listed in the video. $2 for the flashlight, not sure of the amount for the light bulb.

Still not the cost of a Surefire or Streamlight......but definately not a $10 flashlight either.

Just my .02.

Greg

Comment

flashlight...

Well I just built mine today. You are correct in that it cost around $17 rather than $10 but dang....the little bugger is much much brighter than any other small flashlight I've ever used! I just wonder what the battery life will be with the crypton bulb? If it is least a comparable amount of time, then it is definitely worth it! This may just be the "NEW HOG HUNTING LIGHT" to mount on your bow stabilizer, it is that bright!
          Last edited by Buckrider; 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM. Reason: typo...

Comment

Originally posted by ashx2 View Post
            That's not possible for $10. You'll tie up $6 for each of the batteries (#123) listed in the video. $2 for the flashlight, not sure of the amount for the light bulb.

Still not the cost of a Surefire or Streamlight......but definately not a $10 flashlight either.

Just my .02.

Greg
            123's can be had for under a buck apiece when bought in bulk online.

Comment

bearintex- wheres a good place to buy them at??

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                bearintex- wheres a good place to buy them at??

Ebay, for starters. YOu've got to look, but the deals are there. I'm at work, so much is blocked, I'll see if I can't find some this evening.

Edit: First hit on Google, "CR123 batteries" Try here
                Last edited by bearintex; 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I tried this setup today. I got the exact same bulb, flashlight body, and batteries shown on the video. The first time I turned it on it flashed once and then never again. I tried a second bulb and it did the same thing. Can someone tell me what I did wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by massamino View Post
                    I tried this setup today. I got the exact same bulb, flashlight body, and batteries shown on the video. The first time I turned it on it flashed once and then never again. I tried a second bulb and it did the same thing. Can someone tell me what I did wrong.
                    Did you make sure to use 9V bulbs?

Comment

The mod called for a krp 112 bulb, which is a 6v. Do they make a 9v bulb that will work? if so, is it a krypton that will fit the bulb housing?

Comment

Originally posted by massamino View Post
                        The mod called for a krp 112 bulb, which is a 6v. Do they make a 9v bulb that will work? if so, is it a krypton that will fit the bulb housing?
                        Worked great for me.

Comment

I buy my batteries from Sure Fire direct on line. There cheaper that way.Never thought about ebay..

Comment

If anyone else has had the same problems with the KRP 112 bulb blowing please post and let me know if you eventually had any success. I really don't want to waste my money on bulbs if they are going to fail.

Comment

mine worked with that bulb and 3 123 batteries?? as bright as a cheap Qbeam...

Comment

Working...
                              X