PDA

View Full Version : Fsf 04/09/10

fletcherfor2
04-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Well I thought we would give our creative and artistic juices a rest for one week.:eek:

The target is a pop-top can pull-tab from 10 yards. The bulls-eye will be the more ovate circle (hole)..not the one that was riveted to the can lid (see arrow in picture).

This particular pull-tab is from a Miller Light can(that someone tossed in the alley behind my house;)) but I just looked at a Mountain Dew, Brisk, and a V-8 can and all four are the same.

Martha and I will be driving the 7 hours to Vanderpool next Friday, but I can take my block and she can take pictures from behind the cabin when we get there. The problem is there is no Wi Fi or even Cell Tower service anywhere near Vanderpool, and she won't be able to post them until we get back Monday evening.

Good luck to everyone on FSF and at Vanderpool.;)b

Ol Man
04-03-2010, 12:08 PM
OK - got it.

I really wish I could make Vanderpool this year! Gonna miss out on sitting with a whole lot of great people, not to mention all the BS errr good stories! :)

Hope ya'll have a great time and a bunch of ya take some pics so I don't miss out entirely.

Straight shooting to ya'll.

mhundt
04-03-2010, 01:11 PM
OK - got it.

I really wish I could make Vanderpool this year! Gonna miss out on sitting with a whole lot of great people, not to mention all the BS errr good stories! :)

Hope ya'll have a great time and a bunch of ya take some pics so I don't miss out entirely.

Straight shooting to ya'll.

Bugscuffle will be sorely missing one of the best trad archers if you don't come, Doug! We'll hope that something happens to allow you to change your plans and make it afterall ;)b

Ol Man
04-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Martha - thanks for that - but, I am getting married on May 1st and have a lot to do to get my place in order. I am positive I won't make it but, next year for sure. I will also be getting to a bunch of shoots after May so watch for me then.

mhundt
04-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I am getting married on May 1st

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OK, I can't think of a better excuse!

RickBarbee
04-03-2010, 01:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

X2

Bisch
04-03-2010, 04:42 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

X3

I will be playing, but, like Dusty may not be able to post it till Mon due to the same reasons.

Bisch

White Falcon
04-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Did better with the Pig jug. This was my 8 shot, used broad head, you can see the nic!

Bisch
04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey White Falcon - you have to wait till next Friday 4/9/10 to do this. Shoot it again on fri and post up a pic of that one. (good shot by the way)

Bisch

trad"Doc"53
04-03-2010, 06:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

XX3 Congrats Ole Man!!

Nitro1970
04-03-2010, 06:23 PM
That's a good shot W.F.!!

fletcherfor2
04-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Did better with the Pig jug. This was my 8 shot, used broad head, you can see the nic!

Nice shot WF, but here's the deal.

Your first shot (either hunting or in a 3D shoot) is the only one that counts. There are no do-overs. This game was proposed by Acuna a few weeks ago as a friendly competition to measure the accuracy of your FIRST shot on any given FRIDAY. Hence the title First Shot Friday (or FSF). Your first shot is the ONLY one that counts.

The game was expanded a couple of weeks ago whereby the winner picks the next Friday's shot and starts a new thread for that week.

Every Friday there is to be a new target and distance. Your first shot that Friday (at the current target) is the only one that counts.

I hope this explains the game. Come and play again next Friday.:)

I still like your arrows by the way.;)b

White Falcon
04-04-2010, 10:48 AM
OH. now I know!!
Thanks
Grant

meangene1969
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
congrats Ol Man! I guess its time to start in on this game starting with Dusty's borrowed beer tab. Haha Mine will be Diet Dr Pepper.

widdler
04-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Congrats Ol Man ,but you know you can put off what you were going to do this weekend and do it next weekend. I know this can be done because I do it all the time just ask my wife if you dont believe me.

Ol Man
04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Rick,

Not something I can put off... too important

if I could I would...

Texastaxi
04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I wasn't able to drink a gallon of milk, last week, but I bet I can finish a beer, this week! :D

Ol Man
04-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Can I use one of the Wide Mouth pull-Tabs???? They are larger ;)

bob sarrels
04-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Congrats Doug. We are gonna miss ya.

fletcherfor2
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I wasn't able to drink a gallon of milk, last week, but I bet I can finish a beer, this week! :D

LOL Taxi...I was trying to be more user friendly than Rick.:)

RickBarbee
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
LOL Taxi...I was trying to be more user friendly than Rick.:)

I can see you guys never had to do any garbage can rummaging. :eek::D

fletcherfor2
04-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I can see you guys never had to do any garbage can rummaging. :eek::D

ROFLMAO Rick...I can't stop myself.:D

I just had a vision of this recycling line sorter at the conveyor belt next week wondering what's up with all these ugly *** pig milk jugs.:eek:

Creig T
04-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Big Congrats to Ol Man. Guess Chester is too soon to expect you?!

fletcherfor2
04-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Nailed that sucker first shot today.;)b

Too bad it's not Friday.:(

Really looking forward to Vanderpool, and four days away from the office/lab/plant/phone.:)

Nitro1970
04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Here's mine. It was wayy to early for me. Dang joints poppin when I drew LOL

kestimator
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Congrats Doug!!!

Texastaxi
04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Here's mine ... Two thoughts!

1. I'll never pull this off again.
2. I hope I shoot this good at Hunt's this weekend! :o

Texastaxi
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
With a tape for verification.

eatmyfly
04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I was content with this first shot. Looks close to what Texastaxi did.

Nitro1970
04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Awsome shots fellas!!

01milburnsc
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Good job Kevin. Looks Like somethings gonna die this weekend.

RickBarbee
04-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Good shooting guys.

Heres mine. I'll take it. :D

Video - http://www.tradarcher.com/rickbarbee/digigame/FSF_04_09_2010.html

http://www.tradarcher.com/rickbarbee/digigame/FSF_04_09_2010.jpg

Acuna
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Considering this is the first shot I have been able to take in the last 8 days, I am pretty happy. It's funny within 12 yards, all of my shots were this close or closer. Take ONE STEP back and it was sooooo inconsistent.

I LOVE how dedicated you have to be to your trad equipment to be good with it.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/andrew_1978/1-2.jpg

01milburnsc
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Well for the first time, I hit the Target on FSF. I know its kinda sketchy but I decided to use the new zwickeys. You can see the slice in the target and the mark on the tab but the tab flew off of the target when the arrow hit it.

I'll let ya'll decide. sorry all i had was my camera phone.

Bullrdr82
04-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Well, with Dewane clipping the tab, I dont think I am going to win, but here goes anyway.

Txnrog
04-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Here's mine - looks like some good shots today!!

Longbow99
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
It's a winner...Just not a winner:D

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4506896442_1b6839e35d.jpg

bowtecmike
04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
not even close

equin
04-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Didn't win, but much closer than the last few times!

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/791048/fullsize/100_1651.jpg

Even got a chance to introduce my little nephews to archery, and they loved it so much they didn't want to go back inside to play their beloved video games!

CaptJack
04-10-2010, 09:02 AM
1972 was the first year that archery was an Olympic medal sport.
That year, John Williams (from Pennsylvania) won the Gold medal, setting new world record scores in 3 of the 4 distances.
This was shooting FITA recurve equipment - a Hoyt Pro Medalist with adjustable ring sight, clicker, (no peep) and stabilizers.
After he won the medal he was on the Johnny Carson show.
He set up a practice target at a little over 10yds, stuck an arrow high in the target, and hung a LifeSaver candy from a piece of thread.
In rehearsal he sighted in and was busting the candy on each shot.
During the show he took one shot and the candy turned just perfect that he put the arrow through the hole in the candy without breaking it.
He didn't act surprised, walked over, set his bow down and sat down next to Johnny - who was sitting there with his jaw hanging open.

It was SOooo KEWL !!!

http://i45.tinypic.com/11uzwr8.gif

http://i41.tinypic.com/5dw31v.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/k1x7xd.jpg

EnW
04-11-2010, 09:22 AM
not even close

X2. I was 4 inches high-i didn't even take a pic of that:)

trad"Doc"53
04-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Well shot mine Friday morning as we were leaving for Vanderpool and was going to post it that night from where we were staying. They "said" they had wireless internet, NOT! So just got back from a great time. and here is the best I could do for the FMFS.

Bisch
04-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Well, I got to Vanderpool Friday afternoon and got to talking to all my friends. They said "come on Bisch, let's go shoot". I said OK, got my bow and proceeded to the practice range. It was late Fri night I was sitting around camp when the thought popped into my head " Darn, I forgot to shoot my FSF shot at the pop top". It's probably just as well cause you guys made some great shots this week. I'll be looking for next weks shot.

PS- Vanderpool was great. I shot terible this wekend but had fun seeing a lot of old friends. Also got to meet the infamous pig killler himself, Rick Barbee (nice chatting with ya Rick).

Bisch

meangene1969
04-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I shoot mine but it was not worth posting, plus I was a Vanderpool (no cell service)!!!

Txnrog
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM
OK, Who's calling it? A lot of close ones this week.

Texastaxi
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, we need a ruling here ... I've got a GOOD scenario, in my mind! ;)

Txnrog
04-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Taxi - Let's hear it - I'll put a vote that you got it - several close, but looks like if we're calling on the 'top' of the tab (loop you grab with your finger) - you have it.

Texastaxi
04-12-2010, 12:46 PM
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1697875&postcount=5

Go down to the fifth picture. We used a washer board, just cause it was handy.

Cut a 5" diameter hole in a piece of cardboard. (a little bigger than the washer hole, that one was hard to shoot through)
Shoot at an apple, orange or your favorite fruit, through the hole, from 20 yards.
The height of the hole is up to you.

01milburnsc
04-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I'll give you 1/2 a vote Kevin, but I'm kinda partial on the other half.

Mine was kinda difficult to judge seeing as the broadhead was in the way. I didnt think to push the broadhead in and then take a pick.

I won't be upset if I don't get another vote. I'm proud. I'll have to think outside the box next time I'm competition.

Texastaxi
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Dewane, didn't your tab come off the target? You weren't even close! :p

Oh, I gave that guy with the FJ, your number.

01milburnsc
04-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Dewane, didn't your tab come off the target? You weren't even close! :p.

Ha! Ha! Ha!:rolleyes:

Oh, I gave that guy with the FJ, your number.

Ya I just got off the phone with him. We're gonna try to get together later this week. Thanks ;)b

Texastaxi
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Ya I just got off the phone with him. We're gonna try to get together later this week. Thanks ;)b

When you talk to him, tell him that you have a big cooler full of deer meat for him, and I told you he'd like it!

He claims he doesn't eat anything that doesn't come from a store.
We constantly gave him a hard time about it at work. :D

Bisch
04-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Kevin - you need to start a new thread titled "FSF 4-16-10" and post the directions for next weeks shot there.

Bisch

Txnrog
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Kevin - you need to start a new thread titled "FSF 4-16-10" and post the directions for next weeks shot there.

Bisch

2x - and you might want to clarify distance between archer and hole. Might I suggest that either you can be touching it, or if not, you have to be at least an arrow length away - this reminds me of the broadhead that was lodged in a cross bar below the shooting window in a blind I sat in last trip to SA. Wasn't fun for the hunter. . .

EnW
04-12-2010, 04:57 PM

Bisch

Hang on! We may be jumping the gun a bit on deciding the winner. I think Martha was going to post her and Dusty's shot this evening when they got home from Vanderpool and I know that Martha hit the tab.

mhundt
04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Hang on! We may be jumping the gun a bit on deciding the winner. I think Martha was going to post her and Dusty's shot this evening when they got home from Vanderpool and I know that Martha hit the tab.

Thanks, Eric! (it was great shooting with you and Rachel Saturday!)
Hey, y'all, Dusty and I just got home about a half hour ago...I'll be posting our FSF pic shortly, along with a few pics I got of the shoot (I didn't take NEARLY enough, but I KNOW Todd Pool did).
Hang on before you call the winner....I don't THINK I won, but haven't looked at everyone's shots closely yet. As poorly as I shot at the actual TBoT shoot I sure as heck don't deserve to win, lol.
Coming soon...

mhundt
04-12-2010, 06:45 PM
OK, these are the shots we took about 30 minutes after we arrived at our rental cabin in Vanderpool Friday afternoon, 4-9. Maybe I should ALWAYS travel 7.5 hours before shooting an arrow, lol. I got pretty close to the BOTTOM circle, but y'all be the judge about the distance from the top, oval (which was the objective).

Here is the distance we shot from - we estimated 10 yards:

Texastaxi
04-12-2010, 07:01 PM
OK, so now it's going to be First shot Friday through Monday?

I've never won a raffle, lottery, drawing OR a shoot ... now ya'll wanna steal my moment of glory? :o

Your shot was farther from the "ring" anyway! :p

mhundt
04-12-2010, 07:33 PM
OK, so now it's going to be First shot Friday through Monday?

I've never won a raffle, lottery, drawing OR a shoot ... now ya'll wanna steal my moment of glory? :o

Your shot was farther from the "ring" anyway! :p

Hey! Those of us who attended the shoot in Vanderpool had special dispensation to shoot the FSF shot as soon as we arrived in Vanderpool and could set up the danged shot! There is no internet or cell connection were we were, we just drove 7.5 hours back and just now getting to post the pic, Mr. Taxi :eek::rolleyes:

But I concede, yours appears to be closer. Our measurement on my shot was 3/4 of an inch from the center of the top oval.

Looking forward to your next weeks FSF directions, Taxi;)b

Eric, thanks again for calling out that we were en route to an internet connection!

EnW
04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Eric, thanks again for calling out that we were en route to an internet connection!

No problem;) We had a great time with y'all on Saturday also! I'll probably see y'all at Chester...I don't know if I will get to make it up to Memphis.

Texastaxi
04-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Don't worry ... that was a once-in-a-lifetime shot for me.
This week I'll be lucky if I don't hit my brick fence! :(