Clear All

Leveling: Tutorial

Good stuff right there.

Cool!

Comment

thanks, jimmy.

Comment

Results?

Great information... has anyone tried it yet? Did you see any real improvement? Please clarify if you were working on a target or hunting bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tack21 View Post
          Great information... has anyone tried it yet? Did you see any real improvement? Please clarify if you were working on a target or hunting bow.

I can attest to the fact that leveling your sight is important, especially if it's a target sight.

Last week before the Paris ASA shoot, I had received my new target sight the evening before we left... trying to be a good little Axcel staffer, I decided to throw it on my bow, eyeball the scope and shot a few arrows at 20 yds and called it good.

Got to Paris the next afternoon, parked and headed straight for the City shoot.

It was comical to say the least, I had arrows going ever which way. And I knew immediately why.

So I limped through... went back to the civic center and did a simple field expedient leveling job. Set the 2nd axis, and was back to driving tacks again.

I have yet to test out the 3rd axis setting on a severe downhill shot... but I do remember some pretty bad downhill shots from last season, fighting my bubble to come level.

Tim Gillingham isn't just a guy pushing a product... he is SERIOUS about his shot and equipment, he has forgotten more about bow tuning, arrow flight etc, than most of us will ever know.

Comment

It's the real deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkills View Post
              The only problem with all of that if the line you scribe on the wall is not on the same degree as your bow it can be inaccurate when you are aligning the pin to the line scribed on the wall. The only TRUE way to do that would be to use a straight edge that is on the same plane as the alignment pins. In other words if you are lowering your bow down so your alignment pin is on a 45 degree down angle, the straight edge you are eye balling against needs to be on a 45 degree down angle. This is a geometrical truth that we practice in fabrication and pipefitting. He is close, but he is not dead on
              Here is what I posted in the other thread.

Comment

great post Jimbo and great website also.

Comment

I got mine in the mail and used it on my friends bow and it worked perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Osceola View Post
                    I got mine in the mail and used it on my friends bow and it worked perfect.
                    Will be picking one up when I get to Georgia end of this month

Comment

Originally posted by Tack21 View Post
                      Tried it out on my hunting bow and it was on but my friends target bow was off.We had his bow fixed in 5 minutes.If you have 2 of the levels it makes it easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X