PDA

View Full Version : Info on Denton County Archers

jwal
03-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I have been trying to go to the website to see if they have any future shoots planned. It looks like the site is either not working or no longer there. Any know if they have any shoots coming up?

Jeff

Deb
03-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Fletcherfor2 is a Denton County member. Pm and ask him about the shoot schedule.

mhundt
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I have been trying to go to the website to see if they have any future shoots planned. It looks like the site is either not working or no longer there. Any know if they have any shoots coming up?

Jeff

Jeff, I have been the webmaster (or webmistress, if you will, lol) since the site's inception in 2006.

The site IS down at present, as I have turned over webhosting and webmaster duties to another member. I released the site to his servers several days ago, but alas, there was an issue with his ISP, or the domain manager.

Funny you should ask about this today, as I have been exchanging emails with Rob (new WM) all day about this issue. He has just reported to me that he has resolved the issues and is working as we speak (type) to get the site rebuilt and back up for view.

Sorry for the confusion...technology is great (when it works as advertised!).

Please keep checking - something should be up soon.

I CAN tell you that DCA is planning to host only two more club shoots this season (we had a very, very successful TBoT, though). I did get this information from our President recently (copied and pasted below)...The dates are:

May 23, 8:00am; cards in by 2:30, longbow warm-up

June 19, 8:00am; cards in by 4:00, this shoot is yet to be named.

jwal
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Thank you for responding, I look forward to the shoots.

Jeff

fletcherfor2
03-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Just an FYI on the "Longbow Warm up". This is historically our second biggest shoot and is meant as a prelude to the "State Longbow Championship" the following weekend at Sherwood.

Scoring is the same as the State Longbow (5,2,0). It's unusual and unique scoring, but it is interesting.

Unlike the State Longbow however, we do allow and have Recurve categories included in the competition. DCA buckles are awarded as prizes. Our buckles are unique in themselves.

meangene1969
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I will be there