Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 spot scores

what is a good score for 5 spot?

I just shot my first one and shot a 293 with 8 X's - is that fair for my first time?

never done it myself, but of the scores i have seen that seems pretty dang good.

Comment

300 with 50 X's

Comment

its a good score, your X count is a bit low

Comment

Here check this out, the Gander Mountain put an indoor on

Comment

A 300 with 0-x's will beat a 299 with 59-x's
            The first 300 is the hardest after my first , i've done it everytime but once since. I avg. 53 x's but I don't play it that often.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
              A 300 with 0-x's will beat a 299 with 59-x's
              The first 300 is the hardest after my first , i've done it everytime but once since. I avg. 53 x's but I don't play it that often.
              holly crap i would be amazed if i kept them all on the paper now that i have gone traditional

Comment

looks like we scored out round wrong folks (beginner)

We shot 30 shots instead of 60 and counted them 10's,9's, and 8's instead of 5's & 4's. OOPS!

Comment

300 60X........I cant do it but you asked.

Comment

I think that is called a Vegas Face or scoring...I think...I'm new to it as well

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    looks like we scored out round wrong folks (beginner)

We shot 30 shots instead of 60 and counted them 10's,9's, and 8's instead of 5's & 4's. OOPS!

Comment

A 300 which is considered perfect not factoing Xs is very hard to accompish. Most can say they can do it but not many can. I only know one person to do it and I have shot my whole life. I think 280 or better is pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by supertrooperl14 View Post
                        A 300 which is considered perfect not factoing Xs is very hard to accompish. Most can say they can do it but not many can. I only know one person to do it and I have shot my whole life. I think 280 or better is pretty decent.
                        Yep!

Comment

You should also consider what equiptment you are shooting. 300 60x is perfect, but usually only open/freestyle or pro classes can acheive it. If you are shooting a hunting rig, or trad eq the winning scores are much lower.

Comment

300 can be done by anybody with any set up if the person puts in the time and effort to work at it. I have shot 300's shooting BHFSL , FSL and BHFS. My highest X count is 50 and that was after shooting a release for a week and a half. My highest X count when I was shooting in the limited class was mid 40's.

Spend time on the range, getting your bow set up correctly and having somebody work with you on your form. And your scores will go up. If you want to see what kind of scores are shot indoors take a look at this website and click on the 2010 State Indoor Championships. WWW.Texasfieldarchery.org

Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X