PDA

View Full Version : Circle T Bowhunting Ranch

trailboss
05-20-2007, 11:12 PM
The BHNA crew spent the weekend at Circle T Bowhunting Ranch just outside Commerce, TX. We were very impressed with the place and have already made plans to return.

We were there to hunt hogs and saw plenty, just weren't fortunate enough to close the deal.

In 2 days of hunting we probably saw 50 hogs! Not only that, had we been hunting exotics we would have had shot opportunities on every sitting.

Lots of Aoudad, Blackbuck, Axis, Fallow, and various other rams of several sorts. They also have a whitetail breeding facility on this ranch and will be hunting whitetails for the first time this fall. We saw some pretty impressive sheds in the lodge that had been picked up out of the breeding pens.

The lodge is very nice. Clean and roomy. Good A/C and plenty of hot water. Pool table, poker table, air hockey, darts, foosball, and a host of other entertainments.

The ranch is approximately 600 acres of the thickest river bottom land you've seen. Plenty of cover and plenty of well placed stands. You are taken to the blind and picked up, so no chance of getting lost or wasting time looking for a blind.

The guides were very helpful and knowledgable about the ranch and tended to our every need.

Prices are great too. $950 gets you a 2 day hunt for one horned animal, and a blackbuck or fallow doe, and 2 hogs (any size).

We saw at least 3 real trophy Axis and that many trophy Aoudad too as well as a couple of very nice Blackbucks.

Check out their website for more info and prices on other packages.

http://www.circletbowhuntingranch.com/

Trailboss

PS - the ranch is owned by the same fellow that owns North Texas Achery in Farmersville.

white devil
05-21-2007, 08:23 AM
cool!!! it looks like a really nice place.

trailboss
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
I think they have some summer time hog hunt specials going on. Be sure to ask about that if you call.

Trailboss

kellyg
05-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I've had a great time every time I've been up there!!

Deep Creek Ranch
05-22-2007, 10:47 PM
The Owner is Kenneth Talent He also Owns Talent Roofing out of Mckinney Texas. IT was my understanding that he was getting out of the Whitetail Buissness. A buddy of mine bought 50 of his does last week. Kenneth may have changed his mine though. Also they hunted a few WT bucks last year.

trailboss
05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
I understood that he is still breeding the whitetails. Said he had some 4 1/2 y/o deer that he was gonna hunt this year. We did see a good number of whitetails in the hunting pasture. Both does and bucks.

Trailboss

whitetailfanatic
05-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Is NTA/CIRCLE T a sponsor?

jake-1024
05-27-2007, 10:12 PM
no, they are not a sponsor to my knowledge.

huntquest
05-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Looks like a nice place!

aggie2000tx
05-28-2007, 05:03 PM
North Texas Archery is site sponsor. Kenneth is not getting out of the whitetail business.

TxTechBowhunter
05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Curious as to why it is called a bowhunting ranch but they have rifle hunt rates on their website?