Waxing your String...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waxing your String...

I've been bowhuntin only about 4 yrs now and I have question about waxing your string, I read another post on here about should I replace my string, I noticed some of the reply's said that it looked like the string had'nt been waxed in forever, I didn't know it was that important, so here's my question, How often should I be waxing it and exactly what is the right way to do it?? I feel silly askin this but noone ever told me that it needed waxed every now and then, thank's for the advise!

i wax atleast every 100 shots but do i search you will find a bunch of different answers.

Comment

i ise two different kinds of wax.venom makes a lubricant and a wax. i lub after every shoot (about 100 shots) and use the wax every other, my strings look great

Comment

Wax is the cheapest insurance for a bow string. My string gets waxed every 50-100 shots and after each hunting trip. After each hunting trip I've found that the exposed string brushing against clothing, etc., could use a fresh coat of wax. Keep a piece of soft leather (maybe 2"X2" square) to help rub the wax in.

Comment

100 shots or once a month which ever comes first.

Comment

I leave the wax in the bow case, and so most times i rub some wax on after every time i shoot, just massage it into the string and wipe off any extra.

If you have a soft piece of leather you can use it to rub the wax into the string, it warms the string somewhat and helps get the wax into the inner strings.

Comment

I do what Atexx said. Apply the wax, then use leather to rub it in. Warms up the string to accept the wax, softens the wax so it penetrates the strands. I do it as often as I think about, probably every 100 shots or so.

Comment

i wax the strings every 3-4 shooting sessions and i fling about 30-50 arrows a session.

Comment

Well fella's I appreciate the advise, sorry I always forget about the search thing, I'm going to triple edge today so I'll pick up some wax while I'm there, Thank's again

Comment

Like said above.....Get you a small leather patch or leather glove to get the wax heated up and into the strands.

If I go out and shoot a long session I will wax my string after.
                    I also wax it after every hunt.

Comment

I will try to be serious...I've got nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by strangmusic18 View Post
                        I will try to be serious...I've got nothing...
                        Dude, you have to be serious, I can handle the joke's, I'm kinda of a joker myself

Comment

When it looks a little dry. Fingers only rub it in till you feel it get warm. Fingers also allow you to feel for damaged strands. Dry and re-wax after rain, snow or fog. Excess wax will be ejected as wax particles upon firing and settle and stick on your bow collecting dirt and grit I avoid over waxing.

Comment

When I see the string getting "dry" or a little frayed, I use some Scorpion Venom wax. About every other time I shoot.

Comment

Make sure that you only wax the string and not the serving. Waxing the serving will cause wax build up in the cams were dirt can hide and do serious damage to a string over time.

Comment

Working...
                              X