Octane Stabilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Octane Stabilizer

I hope this has not been discussed before, if it has I did not find it. I bought a 7' Octane Stabilizer yesterday. I have been wanting one since I got my bow in Dec. and finally got around to getting one. There is the screw that screws it onto you bow. Then on the other end, where it has the rubber piece that moves in and out there is another screw that had a clear plastic piece holding the screw out about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. What is this screw for. I have been to octanes web sight and can find nothing after looking everywhere I know to look, what this screw is for. It does not screw all the way in, or is it supposed to? It is not going to screw all the way in with out forcing it. So should I leave it in there sticking out a 1/2 inch or take it out. In every picture I have ever seen of this Stabilizer, I have never scene this screw. What is this thing there for and why cant you find out anywhere in the web instructions on what to do with this thing. Thank you for your time I will be looking to hearing if anyone has an answer for me. It could be something that is normal and I just don't know enough about it yet.

Maybe it has something to do with the piston action of it or you may be able to screw a flashlight into, years ago i had a stab that had a threaded hole that accomadated an adapter that fitted to the end of mini mag flashlight, that was before they sold headlights.
    Last edited by atexx2; 02-23-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I have the same stabilizer. Is it on the end where something else could be attached? Mine had the male threads that go into the bow and female end on the other end. FWIW, I put a doinker ball on the end of the stabilizer and it feels even nicer.

Comment

You can attach another stabilizer or module to the end of it.

Comment

Too Funny! I was thinking the same thing when I bought mine. I had concluded it was to hold soemthing else on the end of it like others mentioned. Then part of me thought it was to hold it in place for packaging becasue the screw goes through the hole in the package. Then I thought that would be stupid for them to do that just to hold it in place in the package. I kept it in the junk drawer just in case I would use it. I just recently bought the 11.5 inch Octane as well, for more stability. I think that one didn't come with a screw and that half inch piece of plastic grommet though.

Comment

Working...
          X