PDA

View Full Version : Cougar run ranch

Killem all
05-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Has anyone been to www.cougarrunranch.com if so what did you think about it.

Bluesman
05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=Cougar+Run

Bluesman
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Well that link doesn't work.
Do a search "cougar run" and you'll see previous remarks.

DrBob
05-13-2007, 07:50 PM
many times. Archery ranch (Cougar Run 2) is fun but small. And close to Houston. Cougar Run 1 is too small-not hunting at all-shooting fish in a barrel. The owner is a bit abrasive.

Nature Boy
05-16-2007, 06:52 AM
O boy here we go again!!!! Do some serious research before you spend money at that place.

Rabidbowhunter
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I have a gift certificate there so I will be going back here soon. The place can be good if you hit it right but it just seems like more and more times I go it doesnt have enough hogs. I dont expect it to be easy but on a place this size it shouldnt take all day to find them. They have a lot of deer on there.

Firecuss
11-27-2007, 09:53 PM
I have hunted this place and had a blast. I was the only one out of 6 guys to harvest and I harvested one from a tree climber and one on a stalk. The feeders were slinging corn but the goats and axis clean it up. No hogs were seen at feeders on our hunt. We did lots of walking to get them moving. I caught two small piglets and got a charge out of that and had to video myself doing it. The hogs ran in packs of about 10 to 20. A bit pricey at $200.00 for three hogs in a one-day hunt. I will probably return if I do not find something better.

Rabidbowhunter
11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Firecuss are you looking for pigs? If so I would go to HuntnShoot. The only reason I might go to cougar run is for an exotic of some kind. I know it a little more then some places but its close and I dont have a lot of time to get out to the farther away ranches. But for hogs I go to huntnshoot.

THEDUDE
11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Hunt-n-Shoot all the way. I have hunted with nature boy at cougar run, we had a good time because of the company that we had with us in camp. However, We both agree that cougar run isn't managed properly and that the ranch manager is a big *****. Howie, on the other hand is a great guy, that will work his tail off to get you your hogs. The Exotics at Cougar run ranch were very poor they looked looked like they were malnurished. If you are looking to have some fun and kill a few pigs, go to Hunt-n-Shoot. But thats just my opinion.

SaltwaterSlick
11-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Been to CRII several times in the past, but as with a lot of small operations, the older they get, the worse they get. Today, CRII is a total waste of money. Biggest pig on the place won't break a hundred pounds these days... Owner says the bigger ones cost him too much to allow 3/day, so he "saves" them for his other "ranch", A.K.A. Cougar Run, A.K.A. "shooting pens"...

Nature Boy
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Saltwater explained it perfectly!!!