PDA

View Full Version : recurve build-a-long

head
10-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Any TBH'ers make recurves or long bows?

I've always wondered what all goes into them (besides hardwork, elbow grease and wood :D ). I'd love to oneday see a build-a-long thread. I am in no way, trying to steal trade secrets or start a bow building craze. I am only curious about the construction process. My hat is off to anyone with such talents!

Thanks to anyone willing to inform us on some of the process, or brave enough to start a DIY thread. ;)b

Good luck to all,

EnglishRedneck
10-15-2009, 11:43 AM
If you like I have pics of a buildalong that I was doing on my last recurve. I never posted it because it had a sad ending:(, but the story does include props to Bob Sarrells for his help, and to Chunky for bailing me out when the bow bit the dust;)b.

Basically, if you're set up right it's a joy to see abow born...if you don't have the kit, it's, ummm, harder!!

The thread below is one that I used for guidance when I started building bows, except he makes it look easy - It's not. The amount of work that goes into a bow is amazing, and I would have to value my time at about $3 to sell a bow the quality of Bob's for what he does. Anyway, here's the link for the thread on a nice buildalong, and if you want to see the pics from my "how-not-to" let me know!

http://www.huntchat.com/showthread.php?t=47297

head
10-15-2009, 12:30 PM
ER- I'd love to see your pics! Thanks for the link.