PDA

View Full Version : Manual safe lock install

rtarcher
10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Though I highly recommend having this done by a professional locksmith, I took some pictures and thought I'd share this as a D-I-Y for DaveC, who had the misfortune of being locked out of his gun safe by failure of his electronic keypad. The following pictures and explanation are purely for educational purposes only. Always insist on a qualified, licensed and bonded locksmith for any and all of your security needs!

Here are the parts to start

Inside of safe without lock
The bar with the spring on it is known as a "re-locker", which I later removed.

Mount the safe lock
Make sure the locking bolt travels freely in and out!

Mount the dial ring
Center the holes and point the white indicator index at 12:00 with the change key index at 11:00

Screw in the dial
Not too tight! Depending on how your lock is mounted (Vertical up or down, left hand or right), align the spline key notch in the correct postion. Mark it for cutting.

Cutting the dial rod
This must be cut to flush, or as close as you can get it. We use a metal saw.

Finish install
Screw the dial rod down to the correct position and insert spline key. Tap spline key all the way down. In this picture, the dial rod is a little long, so we took it out and cut it down a little more.

To finish up, attach your back plate and set your combination with the supplied tool. Check it several times with the door open. When it all works, kick back and have a cold one!

Todd

Atfulldraw
10-01-2009, 10:14 PM
cool!

now can you you show us the ear-to-the-door method of cracking it? :D