Most recent DIY target house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most recent DIY target house

In January 2008 at the ATA show I met the SpyderWeb folks and shot their targets. They were the closest thing I'd seen to the BagDad targets I used to shoot at Chance's shop and at my coach's house. I had to have one!

I checked back with them every few months and there were no dealers in my area. I considered becoming a dealer just so I could get one. When a new shop opened near my house and I begged him to become a dealer. I dragged my 24" SpyderWeb in for him to shoot and commited to buying a 48" target and another 24" if he'd sign up as a dealer. That got him way down the road towards his minimum for free shipping so it was lower risk to him. (Coincidentally he's had little trouble selling them from what I've seen.)

Last Saturday I picked up the huge SpyderWeb. Today, with the help of my 4yo son, I built the target house to store it.

I'll warn you in advance that I'm no carpenter

Before - the Morrel Outdoor Range bag....

After we set the new posts (they were square before he swung on them)...

After my neighbor helped me get the target on the frame....

Last picture of the night. All that was missing were the doors and roof...

After church yesterday I finished it off with a coat of paint.

This target is VERY large and should last our family of five a long time. My oldest two kids are very interested in archery and my wife wants to learn to shoot. This should keep me out of the pasture behind the fence looking for arrows. I was going through two Outdoor Range bags a year. This should pay for itself rather quickly.

very nice. Now I have another project I ll have to do some time this winter.

Comment

Thats an awesome target you have. Nice work.

Comment

Man I realy like that, great job!!!!!

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Not too shabby!

Those targets are awesome ... wanna get rid of your OLD 24"?

Comment

The one I bought with the big one I pre-sold to a buddy of mine.

My old 24" is in my office at home in an armoire. I shoot it at 9' just to get some reps in. These targets are the best I've shot for FPs.

Comment

Way too fancy to shoot....looks like a church bulletin board!!! Nice job!

Comment

Nice job! Would you consider posting the cost for the Spyder target?

Comment

awesome work

Comment

looks good

Comment

Nice work, looks great

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
                          Nice job! Would you consider posting the cost for the Spyder target?
                          MSRP for this model is $679. Dealer cost is ~$100 off that unless it's a high volume dealer. The trick is finding a local dealer who gets free shipping due to volume and then he'll have room to work with you. If he gets hit with shipping the buyer is hosed. The target weighs 170lbs.

Comment

That is really nice!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X