Savage 12FV Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage 12FV Build

Well I bought my model 12 FV about 3 months ago and I am just getting most of it finished up where I can do some load developement. It is currently a .223rem but I am looking to make it a 22-6mm or 22-.243 or something in that range. Would like to still be able to deer hunt with it if I had to here in TX. Here's my list of parts and prices for everything done. Would love some feedback on the gun and from some more experienced builder since this is my first savage build. Thanks!

-Savage Model 12FV with harris 6-9" bipod $330
    -B&C Medalist $200
    -EGW 20MOA Base $38
    -Burris XTR Low Rings $50
    -Trigger work (Polish sear faces and new spring/Set at about 2.5lbs) $Free.99
    -Glades Armory bolt handle $55
    -Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm with BDC reticle

Next Steps
    -Bedding job
    -New calibered barrel
    -Cartridge developement

This is how I got it

I would shoot it before changing the barrel for sure. Those guns are known tack drivers.

You try any of those loads from the data I sent you?
    Last edited by Matteo; 11-15-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Got that gun for cheap! Son has one and shoots great.

Comment

I recommend you use one of these when loading. I have an extra one if you don't already own one.
        Last edited by Matteo; 11-15-2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Mine is a stock 243. With the right factory ammo, i get dime size groups at 100. I have not developed a load since it shoots factory Federal so well. No need to change the barrel here.

Its a little too heavy to lug around for too many trips to the lease, but it is a tack driver for sure.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

i got a model 12 in 308

Comment

Working...
              X